WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

CEMU 1.17.0 - Latest Major Version w/ Major Vulkan API updates

ib4

Error
Staff
1580138902475.png1580138933745.png

Some of you may know, I am a Zelda fanatic. I was especially obsessed with playing the latest major Zelda title, Breath of The Wild on PC because you could achieve an incredible [email protected] performance. Which basically gave you an entirely new experience compared to the Nintendo Switch version.

Unfortunately at the time, you could only us OpenGL therefore expensive and high power hardware was required in your PC to achieve these incredible results. Thus making it not a worthy experience on most laptops.

As of the past few minor versions, and last two major versions, all occurring in a quick 4 months or less, they have finally got Vulkan going in the emulator. Last night I test it our on a powerful workhorse laptop that struggled to give the top level performance a desktop would with this game, and the results were incredible. Almost unreal the difference in resource utilization Vulkan displayed vs OpenGL. You can see a little demo video I posted on reddit below:

Anyway, if you're looking to play your favorite WiiU games, or Zelda BOTW, go check out Cemu. I've made a post regarding it somewhere on here. You can now experience incredible game-play with minimal hardware thanks to their addition of the Vulkan API.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cemu/comments/euj1fh

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 11UP!
Reactions: Jung and BeautifulSniper

ib4

Error
Staff
And thank you for the emu @ib4 . I've missed out on BotW cause no Switch... I'll have to check it out
Yes!! I highly recommend my friend! Its the only game out there i've played complete 4 times over. If you do get CEMU, youtube search "BSOD GAMING" and use his setup tutorials for optimum results.

• 1Like
Reactions: beef_roller

Jung

???
Premium
I played this for like an hr a yr ago and never picked it back up. I'm gonna have to update CEMU and put some time into this.

• 1Like
Reactions: ib4

ib4

Error
Staff
I played this for like an hr a yr ago and never picked it back up. I'm gonna have to update CEMU and put some time into this.
I'm surprised to hear this! I thought for sure you would have enjoyed this game many hours already!