WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Charles Manson cult member denied parole for 15th time

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
LOS ANGELES (AFP) - One of the members of the murderous 1960s Manson "family", Leslie Van Houten, sobbed and apologized to her victims' family as she was denied parole for the 15th time.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," she cried. "I was raised to be a decent human being. I turned into a monster and I have spent these years going back to a decent human being, and I just don't know what else to say."

Van Houten, 55, is serving a life sentence for her role in the gruesome August 1969 murders of a Los Angeles store owner and his wife, a day after Charles Manson's acolytes killed film star Sharon Tate and four other people at her Beverly Hills mansion, sowing panic in Hollywood.

But a two-member parole panel sitting in a jail near Los Angeles found Wednesday that Van Houten, who was one of Manson's gang of devoted young women 35 years ago, should spend the next two years in state prison, at least.

"We have come to the conclusion that you're not yet suitable for parole," one of them announced after a hearing that lasted more than two hours and included about a half hour of deliberations.

The now grey-haired former cheerleader and daughter of a middle-class family will be next eligible for parole in 2006. She was last denied a chance at freedom two years ago.
-----------------------------
Leslie, New Flash - You're never getting out...