WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Chat help

Awkward Silence

Perplexed Bemusement
I seem to be having problems with the site chat... when i connect, everything works fine for about a minute.... and then nothing. I dont get any more messages through. Any ideas?

jamesp

In Memory...
Might be something wrong with your browser, or possibly your version of the Java Runtime Environment. Though with IRC there are so many potential causes....

Awkward Silence

Perplexed Bemusement
Fairly sure its not the browser, tried it with IE6, IE7, FireFox and Deer Park 2 Alpha... all give the same thing.

I've been having issues with msn since i got a router though - other people not getting things that i say and me not getting things that they say - Maybe its the same reason? :confused:

I'll try updating my Java and see if that helps though.

jamesp

In Memory...
I doubt it would be the router, seeing as how our char IRC client is a java based HTTP client.

Jung

???
Premium
Download an IRC client, join a random EFNET server, then type /join #wtf.com.

Jung

???
Premium
Awkward Silence said:
Which IRC client do you recommend?
If you don't mind using the IE of IRC clients, I hear mIRC is nice. Personally I use XChat though.