WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Notice Chat Room Schedule

What night of the week are you most likely free to chat?

• Sunday

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Monday

• Tuesday

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Wednesday

• Thursday

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
I always wondered why there's no chat included in the forums instead of going to the IRC channel.
Embedded IRC? Is that a thing?
Well, we've had all that embedded stuff before.. While it was fine, the ident was returning kiwiirc and such which is often banned by a lot of servers. We currently use EFnet, and Choopa.net and others often ban kiwiirc which is an embedded client. I just experimented, and got "Error Connecting (Closing Link: unknownnetwork-a.clients.kiwiirc.com (*** Banned ))" - I tried both SSL and regular mode. Would have been nice to have an embedded SSL-enabled efnet client but so far it hasn't worked out... There might be a server or two that doesn't ban, we'll have to experiment some more on what to do in the future as far as chats.. I've been on EFnet/IRC for 20 years, sort of hard to leave it. ;)

Jason

Founder
I've added an embedded client for now for testing, it is located at the bottom of the Chat page HERE.

All you have to do is choose a nickname, and click start. Can't be simpler than that.

If you need to change the server (due to country restrictions, or other problems), you can find a list of them HERE.

Fÿn

Always black
I've added an embedded client for now for testing, it is located at the bottom of the Chat page HERE.

All you have to do is choose a nickname, and click start. Can't be simpler than that.

If you need to change the server (due to country restrictions, or other problems), you can find a list of them HERE.
AAAH YOU'RE THE SHIT. It worked perfectly for me on mobile, Android. It makes it far easier for anyone to join the chat. Thanks man

Jason

Founder
Our next scheduled chat will be NEXT Friday, January 19th at 9PM EST.

We want to send out our next mass-mail / letter to our membership before then, to see what we can dig out of the dirt. ;)