WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Chavez to Hold Bush Liable if He's Harmed

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
CARACAS, Venezuela - President Hugo Chavez declared Friday that if anything happens to him it will be President Bush's fault.

Chavez brought up Robertson's remarks while addressing supporters at the presidential palace, saying "he has expressed the desire of the elite that governs the United States."

"If something happens to me, the responsible one will be George W. Bush," said Chavez, who has repeatedly accused the Bush administration of plotting to overthrow him.

The United States has repeatedly denied having any intentions to try to topple Chavez or harm him.

Chavez's comments were his sharpest since Robertson called for his assassination Monday on his TV show "The 700 Club," saying the United States should "take him out" because Chavez poses a danger to the region.

Robertson later issued an apology, saying he spoke out of frustration. U.S. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack on Tuesday called Robertson's remarks "inappropriate," but stopped short of condemning them.

LINK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Although I think it's funny, it's clearly illiogical...

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Do any of these people think that an appology is going to make things all better? Also, frustration tends to make you say what is truely on your mind, but you have to many inhibitions to accept.

jamesp

In Memory...
Who didn't see this coming? If a prominent citizen in China said that they should asassinate Bush, there would would be a press release ASAP screaming about terror and "...if they wanna come, let em' come.." bullshit. But, like ReiMeishin said, an apology means nothing.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
jamesp said:
Who didn't see this coming? If a prominent citizen in China said that they should asassinate Bush, there would would be a press release ASAP screaming about terror and "...if they wanna come, let em' come.." bullshit. But, like ReiMeishin said, an apology means nothing.
Most def, but I think that Bush's advisors (controlers) have trained him well enough to not say anything bad about the next superpower. (I could be wrong)

jamesp

In Memory...
ReiMeishin said:
Most def, but I think that Bush's advisors (controlers) have trained him well enough to not say anything bad about the next superpower. (I could be wrong)
I dont know, he seems to think that they (Him, Administration, Whoever's really in charge), with their ideals (Imperialism) are invincible. Seriously,
I believe that they still believe in some distorted manifest destiny.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
I just hope Chavez himself isnt planning on staging a fake assault to blame it on bush... wouldnt put anything past world politics anymore...

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
The CIA probably did try to kill him just like they tried to kill Castro..

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
voiceofreason said:
Although I think it's funny, it's clearly illiogical...
Completely "illiogical". I mean, when has Bush (or any US leader for that matter) ever tried to overthrow a supposed dictator? I mean, that's just crazy talk.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Skitch0o0 said:
Completely "illiogical". I mean, when has Bush (or any US leader for that matter) ever tried to overthrow a supposed dictator? I mean, that's just crazy talk.
Pay attention.

It is "illogical" for him to blame Bush if there is an attack that was caused by the call for violence by Robertson.

True they're in bed together, but their not the same person...

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
It's illogical from a pure logic standpoint. As in the syllogism doesn't quite hold based on all the cards that are on the table. However, there is a certain logic if you consider implied (and mostly accepted) claims. Beware the hidden claims, VoR. Beware.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
voiceofreason said:
Pay attention.

It is "illogical" for him to blame Bush if there is an attack that was caused by the call for violence by Robertson.

True they're in bed together, but their not the same person...
If he's killed, it will likely be the work of a pro. Covert ops still exist.

King Goldfish

Banned - What an Asshat!
Pat Robertson is Human. He's not any closer to God then most of us. His remark is just apart of his anger for prodemocracy.

People blow shit out of perportion.

And fuck Chavez.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
King Goldfish said:
Pat Robertson is Human. He's not any closer to God then most of us. His remark is just apart of his anger for prodemocracy.

People blow shit out of perportion.

And fuck Chavez.
Hmmm, wonder if you would feel the same if he put your head on the block in front a bunch of right wing lunatics?

shiggy1016

King of Loserville
jamesp said:
I dont know, he seems to think that they (Him, Administration, Whoever's really in charge), with their ideals (Imperialism) are invincible. Seriously,
I believe that they still believe in some distorted manifest destiny.

Manifest Destiny was the idea that God intended for the United States to reach across the entire North American continent and be boardered by both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. Seeing how that has already happened, I think the idea is pretty dead now.

Robertson should be allowed to say whatever he wants, 1st amendment right. He has the right to make himself look like an idiot if he wants to.

As for Chavez, if we do bump him off I don't think he'll be complaining much. Besides, the CIA would dirty the trail so that it doesn't get traced all the way back to the Oval Office.

RageAgainst said:
The CIA probably did try to kill him just like they tried to kill Castro..
Well you know, they already overthrew him once...