WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Cheap 30" HDTV

Jung

???
Premium
I found this on another forum and thought someone here might be interested. It is a factory refurb, but ~$400 for a 1080i panel with HDMI and 3:2 Pulldown is pretty damn cheap.

Philips 30PW8420/37B

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
nice.... but i've learned you get what you pay for, and its prolly cheap for a reason...

Jung

???
Premium
Actually, the guys over at avsforum say it's pretty decent for a budget display. I'm sure a $4000 LCD would look better, but 1080i/60 for $400 isn't bad at all. Either way, worst case scenario, you get a marginal HDTV display for around the cost of a 30" flat screen SDTV, which still isn't bad. And Philips is know for making good quality HDTVs.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
lollers...thanks jung. I just bought the tv :). I have this OLDDDDDDD 16 in tv which cant play unless you have that thing connecting it to the vcr:)