WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Cheaters

So my girlfriend of about a half a year cheated on me on Saturday night. She didn’t sleep with the guy, but I guess they made out and he tried sleeping with her by starting to take her pants off. She did stop him and said she couldn’t do it, because of me she says. She and I are about five years apart in age (18 and 23). Now I love this girl. I have very strong feelings for her and want to see us work. I am leaving for the military in about seven months and want nothing more then for us to be together. But I am having doubts because of her not so shiny past. She has been with 17 different guys since the age of 14. I trusted her word once that she would remain faithful. Should I give her another chance?

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
If I read that right, it's the second time she's cheated on you. Kick her ass to the curb.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i know it doesn't seem it at the moment but you're still both a bit young to be super serious anyway.. and she's especially young (18?) to be monogamous.. i'd put it down to experience and move on, there are more women than men on this mudball and you'll only go insane having a long distance relationship anyway..

tell her bye..

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Void beat me to the punch again! Man void you are a mindreader or something.

I agree with everything Void said, and then some.

You're going into the military, there's no way an 18 year old is going to wait while you go through 8 weeks of basic, then up to a year of advanced. Then you could get stationed anywhere on earth, some of which do not allow family at all for god knows how long. It's just a recipie for disaster.

Let her go, lick your wounds, and when you're ready, you'll find someone for the long haul if you wish.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
That's a hard one. you sound like you want to trust her. She doesn't sound too trustworthy to me. But, just because she's been with a few guys before you dont' mean she's definitely one to cheat. She did make out with someone recently while you two are dating and that's the part that would concern me. If you aren't around and she's feeling lonely, would she be able to remain faithful to you? I honestly can't say. I'm not sure I could trust her after knowing she just fooled around. It's entirely up to you on whether or not you can trust her.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
JLXC said:
Void beat me to the punch again! Man void you are a mindreader or something.

I agree with everything Void said, and then some.

You're going into the military, there's no way an 18 year old is going to wait while you go through 8 weeks of basic, then up to a year of advanced. Then you could get stationed anywhere on earth, some of which do not allow family at all for god knows how long. It's just a recipie for disaster.

Let her go, lick your wounds, and when you're ready, you'll find someone for the long haul if you wish.
no i'm not a mindreader.. but i play one on tv..
i guess we're just a bit older and better experienced than the others here tonight.. at least i know i'm older, i think i raised the average age here a fair bit..
*throws toys at the wall and starts bawling*

void said:
no i'm not a mindreader.. but i play one on tv..
i guess we're just a bit older and better experienced than the others here tonight.. at least i know i'm older, i think i raised the average age here a fair bit..
*throws toys at the wall and starts bawling*
/me throws toys against the wall and starts bawling.

I resent that.

/me sulks.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Unforgiven said:
/me throws toys against the wall and starts bawling.

I resent that.

/me sulks.
oh shit they'll all be crying in a minute..
*mass bawling*
too late, i'll get the ice cream..

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Break up while you're away. She'll be free, you'll be free. If you're meant to be together, when you come back, you can start it up again. It might sound crazy to you but love ain't no straight road, but you already found that out.

Blaze Daily

<b>Banned - What an Asshat!</b>
BklynCannonball said:
Break up while you're away. She'll be free, you'll be free. If you're meant to be together, when you come back, you can start it up again. It might sound crazy to you but love ain't no straight road, but you already found that out.

I could never love another woman, only Mary.

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
I say it all depends on if you truly love them or not. If you love someone Unconditionally, it doesn't matter what they've done. Love will pull you guys through it. :happysad:

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
As a man in the military, far from home, and just getting out of a long distance relationship, DON'T TRY IT. Yeah it sounds like it ain't so bad, but think about it, if anything happens, there will be nothing you can do. A friend of mine spent 3 years with this girl from home, 2 years pre mil, and he goes home on leave. He caught her cheating on him, then when he confronted her, she blamed him, saying it was his falt and shit. I had it worse, but i think i've said enough.

I'll put it like this, I've been in for 2 years, and I have not seen 1 successful long distance relationship.

Janglenut

Particinator
sinamon said:
I say it all depends on if you truly love them or not. If you love someone Unconditionally, it doesn't matter what they've done. Love will pull you guys through it. :happysad:
Bullshit. Cheating is unrepairable and unforgiveable in my eyes.

Drop that whore like you're reading the sunday paper!

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i have contemplated your dilemma again.. apart from the fact you will be sleeping in beds that are possibly 3000 miles apart.. i keep coming back to the fat that she is only 18..
i remember a quote from tom robbins, i think it was in 'fierce invalids..', he says that women are like palm trees, if there is a storm you need to cling to one for your life.. but if that tree is too young it will bend all the way over and you will drown.. if that tree is too old it will break and you will get blown away.. but if that tree is mature then it will hold your weight and you will survive..
ask yourself, is she mature? honestly?

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
void said:
i have contemplated your dilemma again.. apart from the fact you will be sleeping in beds that are possibly 3000 miles apart.. i keep coming back to the fat that she is only 18..
i remember a quote from tom robbins, i think it was in 'fierce invalids..', he says that women are like palm trees, if there is a storm you need to cling to one for your life.. but if that tree is too young it will bend all the way over and you will drown.. if that tree is too old it will break and you will get blown away.. but if that tree is mature then it will hold your weight and you will survive..

I agree with void. If you couldn't trust her living close, what do you think she will do if she gets lonely, and knows that there is no way she could get caught doing something?

Keep her, but keep her at a distance. I wouldn't suggest spending the next 4 years tied down to one girl...especially if you're not 1000% sure she's the one. A tour in the military is TOO FUCKING FUN to spend on a girl who you're not even sure is the right one.
If it all goes horribly wrong, try to salvage what you can so you can hook up with her on leave. Sounds shitty....that's coz it is :cool:

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
void said:
Just a comment on Tom Robbins for a sec. Quoting that Tom Robbins line is making the situation completely one-sided. Technically her 18 is equal to his 23 as women generally mature faster than boys. And who says he's not gonna go off to wherever and hookup with whoever he wants, as well he should. Look dude, you are about to start a new life, experience wonderful and awful things and broaden your horizons. The last thing you need is a girlfriend back home to hold you back in any capacity. That's why I suggested what I did earlier.

If you want to quote Robbins on love, quote from Still Life with Woodpecker: "How to make love stay...."

Tell love you are going to the Junior's Deli on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn to pick up a cheesecake, and if love stays, it can have half. It will stay.

Tell love you want a momento of it and obtain a lock of its hair. Burn the hair in a dime-store incense burner with yin/yang symbols on three sides. Face southwest. Talk fast over the burning hair in a convincingly exotic language. Remove the ashes of the burnt hair and use them to paint a mustache on your face. Find love. Tell it you are someone new. It will stay.

Wake love up in the middle of the night. Tell it the world is on fire. Dash to the bedroom window and pee out of it. Casually return to bed and assure love that everything is going to be all right. Fall asleep. Love will be there in the morning."

But then again I'm a romantic.