WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Check your fucking files before uploading them!

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
The scenario is disturbingly simple: I want a file, I open BitTorrent, I download the file, I run the file.

Not.

FILE IS CORRUPT.

FUCK YOU!!!

Jesus Christ, if you're gonna share stuff over the net, at least give those fucking files a test run before!! If I'm gonna use my modem for something, by God, make it so that it doesn't download in vain!!!

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Hey bud, its the internet, people are constantly trying to penetrate each other..

Jung

???
Premium
hash checking:thumbsup: use md5's and .sfv's, likely the seed wasn't corrupted, you just got passed bad data.

edit: if you got it off suprnova i'm gonna laugh now :)

p99 said:
Hey bud, its the internet, people are constantly trying to penetrate each other..

Hu hu. Hu hu. Hey Beavis......he just said "penetrate"
Hu hu.

Oh yeah! Penetrate! Kewwwl.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Huh hah, huh hah I think he wants me..

Yeah dude, uh hah, uh hah..

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
junglizm said:
hash checking:thumbsup: use md5's and .sfv's, likely the seed wasn't corrupted, you just got passed bad data.
Actually I use Azureus, and I believe hash checking's always on...

As for Suprnova, yeah, I get a lot of stuff from them, but I think this is the 3rd time I download a different version of the file I'm looking for (after Googling it to hell) and it's still a fucking coaster.

Jung

???
Premium
imo azareus sucks, i use bit tornado for linux, it does me good. suprnova might have good stuff but it's not moderated(bad files never get nuked)and it's an crawling with riaa/mpaa. irc is still the best imo, and those private bt trackers.

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
I use IRC as a last resort - the queues there are immense, sometimes reaching among the 80s, and I never actually last that long on the Internet when all those 80 people before me are downloading things that are over 800 MBs... That aside, I had as much bad luck on IRC as on Torrent networks.

extremepilot

Go jerk off or something
junglizm said:

edit: if you got it off suprnova i'm gonna laugh now :)
Why? where do you get yours from? Id like to know other sites than suprnova.

Jung

???
Premium
extremepilot said:
junglizm said:
suprnova might have good stuff but it's not moderated(bad files never get nuked)and it's an crawling with riaa/mpaa.
extremepilot said:
where do you get yours from? Id like to know other sites than suprnova.
private trackers, irc, nntp

BakEd13

4:20 Celebrater
What exactly are you trying to download that is giving you so much trouble?

Jung

???
Premium
pm me what you wanted and i'll find you a good torrent or open dcc.

moe

Clitpickle
hee hee

ppl are stupid and honestly think that com are perfect, when if fact they are only as good ass the user. sssoooo... most ppl on the net r in fact, yep you guessed it, stupid!:nod:

Descent

Hella Constipated
SuprNova is crawling with RIAA/MPAA traps?

*Freaks the fuck out*

Tell me it isn't...please...

Jung

???
Premium
yes obviously, it's the most known torrent site. open trackers suck anyway, half the people are non connectable and there is no incentive to seed after your download is over. private trackers are the way to go, keep a 1.0 ratio or get banned:)

extremepilot

Go jerk off or something
one time I got a Half Life 2 beta and it was winrar format and said file is corrput, I erased 1st cd, and later I realized that even tho it had a winrar icon I had to use Daemon tools. -_-
dowloaded 1st cd again.