WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Cheney: Weapons Report Justifies Iraq War

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Associated Press

MIAMI - Vice President Dick Cheney asserted on Thursday that a report by the chief U.S. weapons inspector in Iraq, who found no evidence that Iraq produced weapons of mass destruction after 1991, justifies rather than undermines President Bush's decision to go to war.

The report shows that "delay, defer, wasn't an option," Cheney told a town-hall style meeting.

While Democrats seized on the new report by Charles Duelfer to bolster their case that invading Iraq was a mistake, Cheney focused on portions of the report that were more favorable to the administration's case.

Although it says Saddam's weapons program had deteriorated since the 1991 Gulf War and did not pose a threat to the world in 2003, the report also says that Saddam's main goal was to get international sanctions lifted.

"As soon as the sanctions were lifted he had every intention of going back" to his weapons program, Cheney said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXCUSE No. 87: We went to war based on what we THOUGHT Saddam might do later...

Does Cheney have no SHAME...

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
No, Cheney's just a psychic. I think he's going to replace Miss Cleo.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Jesus...They really know how to cater to the sheep, don't they?

*VOMITS*

There is no doubt they had some kind of weapons, they started a war in '91. And they were helping North Korea develop their nuclear arsenal, how do they do that without alreading having some themselves.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
pipes990 said:
There is no doubt they had some kind of weapons, they started a war in '91. And they were helping North Korea develop their nuclear arsenal, how do they do that without alreading having some themselves.
So, Pipes,

Is that the TEST for war? By your standards, we ought to start wars with half the world, right?

SORRY NON-ARGUMENT, you go home...

allright there voiceofbullshit, but it's pretty tough to start a war if you have no weapons now isn't it. So ya i'd say that's a pretty good test as to wether they have weapons or not

Everyone knows IRAQ had weapons. US defense contractors sold them some. No weapons of mass destruction are needed to invade Kuwait. I think several militia groups in Montana have enough firepower to take over Kuwait.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
pipes990 said:
allright there voiceofbullshit, but it's pretty tough to start a war if you have no weapons now isn't it. So ya i'd say that's a pretty good test as to wether they have weapons or not
We know they had weapons, but they had no WMD's.

They didn't start this war, we did...pay attention.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
msalyss85 said:
No, Cheney's just a psychic. I think he's going to replace Miss Cleo.
i have nothing to do with this...but ill post anyway