WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

chicken is chicken... isnt it?

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
why is it I get chicken in a resturant and its yummy and good, but every time i cook chicken at home it has this odd tang to it... not like I use some crappy brand.. I use perdue... wtf?

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Darklight said:
why is it I get chicken in a resturant and its yummy and good, but every time i cook chicken at home it has this odd tang to it... not like I use some crappy brand.. I use perdue... wtf?
no idea, but i know what you mean. maybe restaurants use chicken with more fat and it tastes better as a result?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
WizardlyFriend said:
no idea, but i know what you mean. maybe restaurants use chicken with more fat and it tastes better as a result?
it depends on how you are cooking the chicken. Adding more fat and grease to your pan will not make the "chicken Taste better" in fact it will drown out the flavor.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
dont know what it is.. I can go to chilli's and get a spicey chicken alfredo where the chicken is really good... I make it at home in he same way, and the texture is different and its still got that odd tangy flavor...

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
Darklight said:
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAND WHORE!

that drives me nuts. people think its good because its a barand name. thats not always the truth

anyway i cant cook

so carry on.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
well all the no name brand's here are fatty as fuck... they want like 6.50 for something thats 30% fat... :mfinger:

JusDoodln'

Too dumb for the shortbus
Don't worry, it's probably just a case of having less flavoursome loogies on your home-cooked version.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
DG makes the best chicken ever, and I hate chicken btw. She'll throw it in the crock pot in the morning before she leaves for work along with some Italian dressing and who nows what else. But man it is good. It's so tender and juicy it melts in your mouth.

Now I'm hungry damnit.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
best chicken I ever had was in a cachappa in san juan... really fall apart chicken in a fold of corn meal bread with cheese and some spices... it rocked...

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Darklight said:
clean what your cooking it in.....

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
I do.. my pots and pans are spotless... I rinse off the chicken before cooking... though could it be my thawing method... To speed thawing I often remove the frozen chicken from the package, wrap it in plastic wrap, and submerge it in hot water..

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
YUCK FOU!!! said:
clean what your cooking it in.....
Yeah Yuck WTF? You're a poultry chef. Help this guy out!

everything my dad make is good :)

especially his chicken wings :thumbsup: