WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Childhood mishaps...

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
So here's one of my big oops as a kid.

When I was 8 I tripped over my bike in the backyard while playing ball over the fence with the next door kid. I felt a pain in my leg, but got up and played some. My grandma came out of the house to tell me about dinner and she noticed there was something wrong with my leg. I hadn't noticed but the kick stand has ripped open my leg from just below the knee to my ankle. It was wide open, but not bleeding, though I saw all this white fatty meat. It started to hurt then, and I freaked out. Went to the hospital and got a shitload of stitches. THEN the stitches ripped a few weeks later but it was bandaged up, so I didn't notice until too late. I still have a big ass L shaped scar on my leg, but right in the middle of it the scar widens out so it's an L with a big bulge in the middle. Gross and true.

How's about you guys?

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Hmm, well, there used to be stairs down to our garage it was like below the garden, and a path leading to it. Anywho, I was riding my bike and I was about 6, and I got up to the stairs and didn't put the brakes on, (idiot) and then I fell down the stone stairs into the doorway, I cut my leg open and bruised my cheek!

And then there was a time where I was riding to school and I had to get off my bike and it was me and my dad along a gravel path, I stepped out the way because some people were coming so I moved to the side, little did I know there was a ditch under the grass so I stepped in that and I gave myself a fat lip while going to school!

Oh and the big one was I was riding with my dad and brother, and went fast down this hill and looked behind me to my dad and brother and said "Haha, I can go faster",(idiot fucking idiot) and I didn't see the speed bump infront of me, I went off my handle bars skidded for about 5 mintues along the road, I winded myself, cut my knees, wrists, hands, chin!

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
Wow, I could go on forever in this thread......but I'll keep it down to two stories today children....

When I was 10, I was doubling my uncle on my Strawberry Shortcake (it was a long time ago.....leave me alone) bike, we started going down a huge hill and my brakes gave out. So, we hit one rock and started weaving down the hill, then we hit another rock and that was it. Ass over tea kettle we go. I end up with a broken arm and he gets a scratch on his shoulder or something. To top it all off, we are about 2 miles from home in the middle of the vast wheat fields so we had to walk home. Very eventful day from there on.

This next story doesn't have to do with bike mishaps but still dumb all the same. I was at a friends house and his brother was mowing the lawn. We (like a bunch of dummies) sat on the front step to harrass him. Then, out of the blue, this rock hits me in the wrist and proceeds to put a dent in the side of the house after the ricchochet off of my arm. I didn't realize that it was bleeding, all I knew was that it hurt, ALOT. So I just got up and started walking the one block back to my grandparents house. The next thing I remember is waking up laying on the ground with people surrounding me, acting all crazy and stuff. I got mad at them and told them to leave me alone, when I went to get up and walk the last 50 steps home, my grandpa showed up in hysterics. That's when I realized that my wrist was split wide open and there was meat and muscle and who knows what else starting to seep out. Another eventful day followed that incident too.

And the shitty thing is that the arm and wrist were on my left side. The good thing was that these two exciting events happened 3 or 4 years apart. :happysad:

Hmmm

When I was maybe three years old I was jumping on my parents bed, fell off and broke my collarbone.

Then there was the time I was playing hide n' seek with my friends. I just finished counting to whatever, opened my eyes and started running. I tripped over a curb and scraped my nose up pretty bad. It was right around Easter so of course my relatives wanted pictures of me. I still have those pics........my nose all red and scabby. /me shudders.

Another time I decided to try shaving. I shaved a good long strip of skin off my shin. There was blood EVERYWHERE. I must have been maybe 5 or 6. I dunno.

Then there's this: http://www.wtf.com/showthread.php?t=10481

Other than those things, nothing else really sticks out in my mind. Nothing major. I was an overly cautious child, a sissy if you will. Didn't put my ass on the line, so I didn't get hurt very often.

Last edited by a moderator:

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
I had lots of chidhood mishaps.

My brother and I used to play in our school baseball leagues when we were kids, so we always practiced together. It was kind of cool too, we were both pitchers. Anyway, we were practicing in the back yard and my brother hit my fastball......through our bedroom window.

Our parents were actually pretty cool about it, so we played for about an hour longer. We were both pretty tired so my brother says "I'll race you into the house". Hmmm ok.

I had this bright idea on how to beat him into the house. I crawled through the broken window and layed down on the bed. As I was waiting for him to come into the room, I felt something wet on my back. I put my hand on my lower back and when I looked at my hand, it was covered in blood. I called for mom and calmly told her I thought there was a problem.

After she inspected it, she tells me that I needed stitches. My calm attitude quickly turned to fear and I started crying my eyes out lol. I had to get a shitload of stitches.

We had a game that next day and the doctor told me to take it easy. Funny thing is, I made some crazy diving/sliding plays in that game. My mom was scared shitless during that game.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
I sped up to a dirt jump on my bike in my early teens and after leaving the jump, the bike went sideways and I landed hard. i started to slide on my face with the bike hooked on my foot, skinning my knee. hurt like a bitch.. scab was discusting so of course i showed it to everyone...

when I was real young my brother slammed my hand in the hinge side of a door. The door latched. I wound up with a sprane... thanks bro..

my brother had a similar thing happen in a car door.. broke his fingers.

also my brother decided with a group of friends to see who was more daring in a contest on how many steps in the basement will you jump off.. 3.. 5.. 7.. no my bro was going for champ.. lets jump off near to the top.. he hit his head on the overhang from the upstairs steps which was made of plaster coated metal and then struck the back of his head on the metal coated cement steps.. and rolled the rest of the way down... he got away with only a concussion... thats what you get for doing drugs at age 13..

Holy shit. I can't believe I forgot this: When I was maybe 7 or 8 y/o, riding my bike down the street, curious to see what would happen if I stuck my (bare!) foot in the spokes. I found out. OUCH!!!! Luckily I didn't break anything.

(I promise I'm not retarded)

CopyLifted

zoloftcasserole said:
(I promise I'm not retarded)
LOL

I had a friend of mine holding on to the back of my bike on a skateboard and he fell off. The skateboard hit my back tire and I lost control. I found out what it felt like to hit a chain link fence barefooted.

I also found out what it felt like when your dad rips what's left of your toenail on your big toe...off.

CopyLifted said:
I also found out what it felt like when your dad rips what's left of your toenail on your big toe...off.
Ahem........Excuse me....

:sick:

CopyLifted

zoloftcasserole said:
Ahem........Excuse me....

:sick:
HAHA....That was the aftermath of the barefooted/chain link fence incident. It had to come off somehow.

And yeah...it sucked.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
When I was 4, I knew electricity was important and powerful and could be conducted by metal. I also inferred that pennies would give me excellent access to some juice. It pushed one into an electrical socket and jiggled in around until it gave me a shock so strong I could taste it.
When I was 8, I went down a huge waterslide. I had a great time on the way down until I hit the 15 foot pool and remembered I couldn't swim. The current pushed me under and I almost drowned. It sucked.
One time, in band camp...

wocka

Clitpickle
when i was young my mom was putting me into the cradle bed thing and she dropped me, then some how a black kid ran me over on his bike, i got my uretha removed at birth, hmmm what else.. i was doing a jump on my bike and took foot of pedal and well the pedal scrapped my whole shin..

Descent

Hella Constipated
Woody said:
When I was 8, I went down a huge waterslide. I had a great time on the way down until I hit the 15 foot pool and remembered I couldn't swim. The current pushed me under and I almost drowned. It sucked
I did fall under the water at age three for about 15 seconds or so. Some woman pulled me out of the water.

At age 4 some kid named Adam bit me in preschool.

At age six I stuck a matchbox car inbetween the shower doors, tried to get it out and they fell on my pinky toe, deep cut, fucking blood and shit all over the place. My dad sliced me up a bit more trying to remove the door, but I don't remember that part. He was desperately trying to help me.

Then, when I was at St. Vincent's Hospital in the E.R., the motherfuckers tended to three year old kids and shit with splinters while I'm in my fucking underwear with blood pouin' all over the fuckin' place. Then when they give me the local anethesia, they fuckin' tend to someone else, and by the time they get back and try to sew me up the fuckin' shot wore off and I had to get another.

Come home in a wheelchair, can't attend school, can't do SHIT for six weeks. Foot has gotta be elevated or I'll fuckin' bleed to death. So my dad buys me a Genesis at blockbuster, and in case you were wondering those six weeks did suck complete and total ass. I still have the exact same Genesis in my brother's room.

But I hooked my Atari controller into the 2-player port and kicked my bro's ass in Sonic 2, and my mother flipped her shit saying "we would break the console."

Tried to fly over wooden stairs with a cement block at the bottom. I landed on my head. I was actually fine, no pain or anything, but my mom flipped out.

I know what it's like to run headfirst into a big metal post and not feel anything. The post was ringing, though.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
Woodreaux said:
When I was 4, I knew electricity was important and powerful and could be conducted by metal. I also inferred that pennies would give me excellent access to some juice. It pushed one into an electrical socket and jiggled in around until it gave me a shock so strong I could taste it.
as a baby I managed to remove the plug wire from a lamp and decided it would be a good idea to put it in my mouth while it was still plugged in.. my cousine albert who was watching me broke the encounter up... I got a shock but not hurt...

Woodreaux said:
One time, in band camp...

one time in band camp, i got nailed by a color guard flag, rifle, and a drumlines cymbal in the same day.

Sektor

Particinator
There was this dirt mound over by my old house. My friends and I used to ramp our bikes off it (it was a good seven feet high)

Well, one day, I nailed my friend in the face with the bike because I went too early after he did, and when I hit him, I hit my nuts on the bar. :(

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
When i was 12 i got this rc10t rc truck that i put together and, well abused to the point where i broke a battery. I took it home and whent to take the battery out, and i gess it was pressurized, cause is sprayed battery acid in my eye. At 13 i was putting gas in some farm equment, over my head, and i spilled 87 occtain in my eyes. Same year my dad ran me over with the lawnmower, and yes the blades were spinning. And this one time i was 14 i was using a cutting torch to cut a bolt off farm equ and some molten slag fell in my pocket.

let's see...when i was in kindergarten I got tripped by a boy running out to play on recess and cracked my forhead open. the doctor took all kinds of xrays cause i was bleeding and my head was swollen but instead of getting an egg on my forehead the wound sunk in. they thought i put a hole in my skull. and then this other time i was on recess in 2nd grade and we were jumping out of swings for distance and i was basically over the top of the swing sert when i jumped. i did a full flip and bellyflopped in the sand. fractured two ribs and bruised my whole chest. i also bit through my lip. that hurt like a son of a bitch. the last thing i ever did was ride to school one day in the winter. there was like 7 inches of snow on the ground. we couldn't see a big crack in the sidewlak and both my friend and i hit it flipped our bikes over and they landed on us. he broke his wrist and i bruised some ribs and scrapped my face up. let's just say the girls like to kiss the good side to make me feel better. that was worth it!!!!!!!!