WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Chinas growing aggression towards Japan

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Have you followed this china-japan -issue lately?
What are your thoughts?
Pre-war crisis or just empty hype?

Okay, so to those of you who dont know, here are some facts:
Last weekend there were huge anti-Japan demonstrations held in China (Peking, Guangzhou and Shenzhen). They were caused by a schoolbook published in Japan which, accordin to the chinese people belittled the acts of terror performed by the japanese in the WW2..
China also state, again, that japan doesn´t deserve to be a permanent member in the UN safetycouncil.
China has asked that japan faces the WW2-facts. otherwise it can never be trusted in the Asian continent..

Today the issue took another turn as now Japan and China are fighting over gas in the Eastern China Sea -region. Japan thinks the area is their property, but china has tested the area before. Tokyo asked China to stop their tests. Now Japan has started giving out rights to pump gas.
On sunday Japans primeminister Nobutaka Machimura travels to china to settle this diplomatic dispute.

What to think?

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Sorry. blind :) another thread already about the issue.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
RetArt said:
Have you followed this china-japan -issue lately?
What are your thoughts?
Pre-war crisis or just empty hype?

Okay, so to those of you who dont know, here are some facts:
Last weekend there were huge anti-Japan demonstrations held in China (Peking, Guangzhou and Shenzhen). They were caused by a schoolbook published in Japan which, accordin to the chinese people belittled the acts of terror performed by the japanese in the WW2..
China also state, again, that japan doesn´t deserve to be a permanent member in the UN safetycouncil.
China has asked that japan faces the WW2-facts. otherwise it can never be trusted in the Asian continent..

Today the issue took another turn as now Japan and China are fighting over gas in the Eastern China Sea -region. Japan thinks the area is their property, but china has tested the area before. Tokyo asked China to stop their tests. Now Japan has started giving out rights to pump gas.
On sunday Japans primeminister Nobutaka Machimura travels to china to settle this diplomatic dispute.

What to think?
huh.. Japan isn't a permanent member in the UN safetyconsil. But yeah... the Japanese raped China during ww2, I guess it would be like Germany saying the nazis didn't kill that much jews in its history books..

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Yes, Japan isn´t a part of the safetycouncil, and China states that it should not be one in the future. Sorry about the hardo-to-understand language. I´m more fluent with my native tongue. It is still what I tried to say. Thanks for clearing up

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
RetArt said:
Yes, Japan isn´t a part of the safetycouncil, and China states that it should not be one in the future. Sorry about the hardo-to-understand language. I´m more fluent with my native tongue. It is still what I tried to say. Thanks for clearing up
native language.. tongue doesn't mean language in english, it just means a tongue. In french though, tongue = langue = language so yeah.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
I would still say "mother tongue" is a word meaning the same as language.. i mixed the prewords though

Boycott

Soul Doubt
RetArt said:
I´m more fluent with my native tongue.
I never would have guessed that you're more fluent with your native tongue than with a second language ;)

Anyways - Textbook companies aren't run by the government are they? I mean, China should be pissed off at Nelson or whatever textbook company Japan is dealing with, rather than the nation ... Oh well, China's going to take over Japan I can see it happening now :O

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
China has no right to bitch for 2 reasons:
1. WWII happened over 50 years ago. The leaders of Imperial Japan, the most guilty party, died long ago. Japanese WWII veterans are few and far between, none of them could have been old enough to be policy makers.
Bashing Japan now about WWII would be like Cajuns firebombing UK embassies for the ethnic cleansing of French settlers in Canada. It's not justified anger and desire for retribution, it's unwarranted hostility and nationalism.
2. Hypocrisy: the PRC gobbled up Tibet a decade after WWII ended. This was not a polite annexation.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
lol well said woody. agreed, china is saber rattling and nothing more. the chinese seem to do this every so often as if to remind japan it still hates it, even though no one has forgotten.

definitely no pre-war crisis.