WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Music Christian Metal / God Rock

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
I can't fucking stand Christian metal or God rock bands!!!.

WTF, Rock 'n roll music and lifestyles are supposed to be wild, partying, SINNING lifestyles. Not exactly congruent with the Good Book. Piss off and stop polluting rock music with your shitty-ass praise lyrics.

Creed was a freak occurence. You don't have a future in rock/metal.

Don't know what made me think of this.

Ieee. Even worse than Christian Metal/Rock would be Christian Gangsta Rap. Can you imagine? "Rollin wit my homie J. to the sizznizzle C...Bustin' a Cap with my shepherds...." There's no such thing I hope?!

ron

Buster of Asses
WTFNation said:

WTF, Rock 'n roll music and lifestyles are supposed to be wild, partying, SINNING lifestyles. Not exactly congruent with the Good Book. Piss off and stop polluting rock music with your shitty-ass praise lyrics.
For once, we agree completely.

WTFNation said:
Creed blows and they are NOT metal, or even hard rock. I almost died when their guitarist, Tremonti or something, made the cover of GuitarOne magazine with the caption, "Creed brings guitar back to rock." Huh? WTF? That guy rocks about as much as my grandmother. What is the world of rock coming to?

Sin and sin again.

WTFNation

ron said:
For once, we agree completely.

Creed blows and they are NOT metal, or even hard rock. I almost died when their guitarist, Tremonti or something, made the cover of GuitarOne magazine with the caption, "Creed brings guitar back to rock." Huh? WTF? That guy rocks about as much as my grandmother. What is the world of rock coming to?

Sin and sin again.
LOL. Well, grannies do rock, but usually it's in a porch swing or something.

But you're right. They're not metal or hard rock, they're way-more-popular-than-they-need-to-be-or-should-be-overcommercialized-god-rockers-masquerading-as-a-rock-band.

Why didn't they just call themselves WWJD (What Would Jesus Do?) or something.

BTW, do a google search for WTFWJD (WTF would Jesus Do), there's some pretty funny Christians out there, apparently.

And for something totally gay, try www.wtfwjd.com (I just did it for fun, Oh dear).

Deez Nutz

I are baboon!
WTFNation said:

Ieee. Even worse than Christian Metal/Rock would be Christian Gangsta Rap. Can you imagine? "Rollin wit my homie J. to the sizznizzle C...Bustin' a Cap with my shepherds...." There's no such thing I hope?!
I totally agree. I hate christian rock music. It's so.. stupid. I'd rather listen to Linkin Park or Korn.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
WTFNation said:

Wow..I Agree. Great fucking post. rep point man.

Rock is about the freedom of the people... not submitting to a higher authority that may or may not exist, according to whatever the hell you believe in. it doesn't make sense having somebody screaming "I submit my life to jesus" as loud as he can. it's just not right.... it's too bad, though, cause a few of them (not many, but a few) actually have talent.

WTFNation

Oh dear... WTF?!?

Okay, now I know I talked about it in my post, but I never thought there actually was such a thing...

:gun: :gun: WTF?!?! Christian Gangsta Rap!? :gun: :gun:

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
WTFNation said:
Okay, now I know I talked about it in my post, but I never thought there actually was such a thing...

LOL KOOL

ron

Buster of Asses
WTFNation said:
Okay, now I know I talked about it in my post, but I never thought there actually was such a thing..

Sort of an oxymoron, there. I mean, I'm pretty sure that "gangsta" is supposed to be more than just an attitude and a way to dress.

Christian Rap is horrible, I've got a really religious friend who was trying to show me how cool Chrisianity is, so he played me some Christian Rap and I just kinda laughed at the guy "you know how you get high on your drugs? well I get high on Jesus"

WTFNation

Lol

get it together said:
Christian Rap is horrible, I've got a really religious friend who was trying to show me how cool Chrisianity is, so he played me some Christian Rap and I just kinda laughed at the guy "you know how you get high on your drugs? well I get high on Jesus"

WORD G. LETS GO SMOKE A ROCK OF JC.

WTFNation said:
Creed was a freak occurence.
1) I agree, keep christianity (or any religon) out of rock and off the radio, and 2) I disagree that Creed is a freak ocurence. Jars of Clay. Had a few songs on the radio a while back. Christian rock group. Creed not freak occurence but truly scary recurrance. They're slowly taking over. The day I hear Christian rap on the radio, I'm ripping it out of my car.

90% of people don't realize that creed is supposed to be christian rock... they just think they're a good band (i have my issues with that)

WTFNation

gumercules said:
90% of people don't realize that creed is supposed to be christian rock... they just think they're a good band (i have my issues with that)

That's thie thing with them, you're right. I would turn their preachy shit off the radio and people would ask why. I'd tell them and they'd argue with me that they're 'just a good band, wtf!?'

It just goes to show what mass-marketing can do. There's NO WAY they would have ever gotten as popular as they were (are they still popular, I'm a little out of touch with pop culture right now...) if they were marketed on the Christian Rock stations and magazines as a God Rock group. No no no, that fact was sort of 'brushed under the rug' by the record execs.

Of course, any idiot with half a brain should realize that they might as well have been the Mississippi Full Gospel Choir after listening to their lyrics.

:thumbsdn:

Chris

Sick Bastard
As if christianity isn't bad enough actually exisiting...now they're poluting the name of good music...fuck them, fuck them all! If there should be any religion involved in Heavy Metal, that is satanism or goth...but christianity? fuck them

As for the christian gansta rap...rap is shitty in general, but christian? I would rather listen to techno for hours than five minutes of that shit

paintmepurple

Banned - What an Asshat!
i think these kinda bands are using god as a cover... what their motives are i dont know but yea are christians supposed to be tattooed all over??? is'nt the body the temple of god?? its just freakin ironic....

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Slayer was a great religious band. They knew all three chords, and some made up ones as well.

gumercules

Ultra Mega
i'm not very familiar with slayer but i thought they were dead-set *against* religion

no? :confused: