WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

christmas being overrated is overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have one tiny little question to ask. why the fuck does everyone seem to hate christmas?! in my opinion its the most happy time of the year. you get presents, you can see members of your family that you wouldn't normaly see, a really big dinner which always tastes nice and everyones usually happy around you. i dont see how this can be bad!! i know that some people stress about how their mum has to do all the cleaning up and cooking and shit but what the holy crap is preventing you from helping her yourself? you can easily help her before you critizize you dad for not doing it. also so what if you get a pair of socks from your aunt who lives in scotland (random place) at least shes taken the time to actualy think of getting you somthing you ungratefull little snot. as for the people who actualy do have a shit christmas theres always a way to get through it, i've had my fair share of shitty christmases but i think that everyones going to get that onces or twice in their whole life!ok so i aggree that the over spending and the pressure to over spend is immence but no one really should care how much you spend, its supposed to be the thought that counts even if its a shit present. if your going to hate christmas then get a proper fucking reason for doing so, just because it sucked one year or when you were a kid doesnt meen it always has to be that way. and im no bible basher i actualy believe in quite the opposit of god but im still alowed to like christmas. ok i am finished. rant over. :sword:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
deathtotheducks said:
ok i have one tiny little question to ask. why the fuck does everyone seem to hate christmas?! in my opinion its the most happy time of the year. you get presents, you can see members of your family that you wouldn't normaly see, a really big dinner which always tastes nice and everyones usually happy around you. i dont see how this can be bad!! i know that some people stress about how their mum has to do all the cleaning up and cooking and shit but what the holy crap is preventing you from helping her yourself? you can easily help her before you critizize you dad for not doing it. also so what if you get a pair of socks from your aunt who lives in scotland (random place) at least shes taken the time to actualy think of getting you somthing you ungratefull little snot. as for the people who actualy do have a shit christmas theres always a way to get through it, i've had my fair share of shitty christmases but i think that everyones going to get that onces or twice in their whole life!ok so i aggree that the over spending and the pressure to over spend is immence but no one really should care how much you spend, its supposed to be the thought that counts even if its a shit present. if your going to hate christmas then get a proper fucking reason for doing so, just because it sucked one year or when you were a kid doesnt meen it always has to be that way. and im no bible basher i actualy believe in quite the opposit of god but im still alowed to like christmas. ok i am finished. rant over. :sword:
You may not be understanding it from an American point of view. Most Americans who celebrate it, enjoy Christmas, but hate the environment that surrounds it. The commercialized nature of the season is sickening. We're bombarded by everything Christmas starting in October; for the purpose of selling us the newest piece of crap on the market. Add to that the immobilizing traffic, and people turning into mindless shopping droids, programmed to purchase the items in their database; and terminate anyone who impedes their prime directive.

When I was a child Christmas was about the celebration its self, and being with family and friends. Getting gifts was secondary.

MaxPower said:
You may not be understanding it from an American point of view. Most Americans who celebrate it, enjoy Christmas, but hate the environment that surrounds it. The commercialized nature of the season is sickening. We're bombarded by everything Christmas starting in October; for the purpose of selling us the newest piece of crap on the market. Add to that the immobilizing traffic, and people turning into mindless shopping droids, programmed to purchase the items in their database; and terminate anyone who impedes their prime directive.

When I was a child Christmas was about the celebration its self, and being with family and friends. Getting gifts was secondary.
exactly

ok, i understand that americans seem to go over the top with pretty much everything but people in england get christmas songs and adverts in the middle of october too. even if your version of christmas is fucked up by the things that surround you it doesnt have to make it completely unbareable. this evening i drove past a house that was completely over the top with lights it looked like fucking santas grotto. all i thought that those people must have been the most boringly sad people on earth. if you keep thinking that people around you are stupid and tacky then it'll make you feel alot better... thus proving that christmas can be the best time of year.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
So you bash people that bash Christmas but your name is DeathToTheDucks!! What kind of sick psycho would wanna hurt teh cute little duckies? :thumbsdn:

its quite simple... ducks are mean. they need to be hit very very hard with hammers....well actually its a private joke that i have between my friends... thats if you say its ok? shut up and stop jumping to conclusions.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
I myself personally like this time of the year. Being with family is the best thing. Just like it has been said before, the gifts come second, I want to see my family first. I try not to get stressed out over the christmas shopping either, because I just remember that I am getting this gift(whatever it is) because I love (or like) the person I am shopping for, that is the point of this year...nothing bullshit related.

Status
Not open for further replies.