WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Christmas carols banned WTF

sad to see that now along with not flying our flag (union jack) but we now have to avoid not singing Xmas carols incase it offends those of a diffrent culture! Its maddening as i at the end of the day dont take offence at there way of life so why should they dictate to how we run ours or celebrate holidays, its at times like this that i can honestly say that i am not RACIST in any way but looking at the laws and goverment changes the goverment are slowly pushing people in to the way of creating more racists and more riots !!

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
physicalbabe said:
sad to see that now along with not flying our flag (union jack) but we now have to avoid not singing Xmas carols incase it offends those of a diffrent culture! Its maddening as i at the end of the day dont take offence at there way of life so why should they dictate to how we run ours or celebrate holidays, its at times like this that i can honestly say that i am not RACIST in any way but looking at the laws and goverment changes the goverment are slowly pushing people in to the way of creating more racists and more riots !!

Christmas carols are banned? Where? When did you hear of this? Source?

What has happened is that we have used the term "happy holidays" for DECADES to include every holiday in the dec/jan bracket, and only now are Fundies raising a stink about it. Stores that choose to honor the non-Christian beliefs of other cultures (and the New Year) choose to say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, and the Religious Right needs to fuel their stupidity-machine by throwing a damned fit.

Read this:

EDIT: Maybe this belongs in The Issues? Would a mod please move it if so? Thank you :)

Fudrucker

Flame Bait
at my school we had christmas carols yesterday and if anyone didn't wanna sing em "for religious reasons" they could just go into a classroom 2 sit around, chat, read, do homework, etc.

Hater808

The hate still Shapes me
They shouldn't be able to ban them because that would be infringing on your religous freedoms. That would be like banning the manora during jewih holidays. Um you can't have that on your roof it offends the christians. They woul never do that. That why i think the chirstmas carol are not banned. If they are protest that you want the right to practice your religion. Sorry for all the spelling mistakes I am too tired and in too much of a rush.