WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines CIA involved in huge nuclear scandal!

R

RedOctober

Guest
#1
FLASH!

The former Dutch Prime Minister Ruud Lubbers has revealed the CIA asked to let a nuclear spy go free!

It's an unbelievable story!
Mr. Kahn was a student that studied in The Netherlands in the 70s.
He has been monitored by the Dutch Security for 10 years, because he was gathering nuclear information.
But after all, the CIA asked to let him go.

Kahn became the father of the Pakistani nuclear program.
From Pakistan, important knowledge and tochnology leaked to Iran and North Korea.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/pakistan/khan.htm

In Dutch:

http://www.nu.nl/news/571291/10/'Nederland_liet_atoomspion_Khan_gaan'.html
 
685
0
0
#2
RedOctober said:
FLASH!

The former Dutch Prime Minister Ruud Lubbers has revealed the CIA asked to let a nuclear spy go free!

It's an unbelievable story!
Mr. Kahn was a student that studied in The Netherlands in the 70s.
He has been monitored by the Dutch Security for 10 years, because he was gathering nuclear information.
But after all, the CIA asked to let him go.
Ok, for one, I refuse to believe that the CIA was involved in any scandal or shady activity. The CIA is an established an honorable institution that is integral to our success and continued.. :speechless:
::fpalm::

And secondly....I'll go read your story now :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
R

RedOctober

Guest
#3
Well.. It's hot news over here, and I think it will eventually trickle through in the American press.. ;)

I try to get an article in English, but the essence is clear.

The CIA asked the Dutch justice dpt.
to back off in procecuting Mr. Kahn for espionage.
Only The Lord knows why.

First article found: Dutch World Broadcast Cy:

Netherlands let nuclear spy go at CIA request

In a radio interview, former prime minister Ruud Lubbers says the Netherlands twice let the Pakistani scientist Abdul Khan go, at the request of the CIA, in 1975 and 1986. The Dutch authorities suspected him of nuclear espionage, but the CIA wanted him left alone so it could continue to follow his activities.

In the 1970s, the nuclear physicist worked at the Urenco uranium enrichment plant in Almelo, where he is believed to have stolen information about nuclear technology. In the 1980s he was in charge of Pakistan's nuclear programme, leading to its first nuclear test in 1998. Earlier this year Mr Khan admitted to selling information to Libya, North Korea and Iran.
Source: http://www2.rnw.nl/rnw/en/news/international/#4538434
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,979
1,397
487
#4
FlipTheState said:
Ok, for one, I refuse to believe that the CIA was involved in any scandal or shady activity. The CIA is an established an honorable institution that is integral to our success and continued.. :speechless:
Ignoring his links... but did you really just say that? :confused:



Red: globalsecurity.org is NOT a reputable site, find something on a well known international venue and post that. Nobody is going to believe in until then.
 
685
0
0
#5
junglizm said:
Ignoring his links... but did you really just say that? :confused:
Yeah. Perhaps your router isn't configured for sarcasm forwarding... :cool:

GWB had taken control of my brain and was forcing me to type pro-government propoganda....Don't worry, though...I took care of it.

I'm now wearing a tin-foil hat.
 
R

RedOctober

Guest
#6
junglizm said:
Ignoring his links... but did you really just say that? :confused:



Red: globalsecurity.org is NOT a reputable site, find something on a well known international venue and post that. Nobody is going to believe in until then.
That is plain stupid!
The article about Kahn is common knowledge.
In fact the entire internet, and even most books are NOT reputable. :rolleyes:
Especially AMERICAN books.. :p

Your way of debating sucks comrad!