WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Cindy Sheehan arrested in front of the whitehouse

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Cindy Sheehan, the anti-war protester and mother of a US soldier killed in Iraq, has been arrested during a demonstration outside the White House.
Ms Sheehan and several dozen other protesters were held by police after failing to move on from the pavement in Washington DC.

She first attracted worldwide attention when she held a 26-day vigil outside President George Bush's Texas ranch.

Her arrest follows a massive anti-war march in the capital over the weekend.

Ms Sheehan was among a group of about 500 people who staged what they called a "civil disobedience" demonstration to bring more attention to the US military presence in Iraq.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4284684.stm

-----------------

Arrested for protesting.......bg's?

Oh well. The anti-war movement is growing bigger, and I think she got her message across.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Well it sounds like she's trying to make herself a martyr for the cause, so to speak. She could have protested legally. The anti-war movement is well and good, but essentially pointless nowadays. You get the same result if you sit and bitch about it on WTF.com.

You feel a bit better about yourself, and you get zero results.

Aggresive people will wage wars as long as humans have free will. The end.

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Premium
I agree, fine she's anti-war...that's fine. she should have done it legally.
But im going to blow off steam if you guys don't mind.

Why is anyone complaining about the war, especially the ones lost. complaining baout losing them is the same as shitting on the memory of them.
Look people. It would be one thing if they were drafted. But they werent. They enlisted, they knew what they were doing, they made the concious decision to defend their country. Respect that decision.

JLXC

Premium
Farceur, she's understanding that. She's pissed he died in a war that was declared by the president under many false pretenses, and many people call it illegal. That's what she's pissed about, and rightly so.

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Premium
she has a right to be pissed about the war...honestly no 1 likes it, i just dont care much for complaints, especially those done illegally, and i dont like bush bashing either(hes had a hard couple of terms, i think hes handled things well considering)....honestly we all wanted it the day of 9/11, he just gave the public what they wanted.

I'm all for anti-war but she should consider both sides, not just her oppinion.

JLXC

Premium
Farceur said:
she has a right to be pissed about the war...honestly no 1 likes it, i just dont care much for complaints, especially those done illegally, and i dont like bush bashing either(hes had a hard couple of terms, i think hes handled things well considering)....honestly we all wanted it the day of 9/11, he just gave the public what they wanted.

I'm all for anti-war but she should consider both sides, not just her oppinion.
WHA? :confuse:

Bush has handled things well.... considering he's fucking destroying the USA to fill the pockets of his buddies, yeah in that way he's not a failure. Are you joking? Oh yeah and the public wanted to attack a totally different country for reasons that are total lies and get into another Viet Nam, yeah that's what they wanted after 9/11?

Are you just joking? My sarcasm meter is off today.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
JLXC said:
Well it sounds like she's trying to make herself a martyr for the cause, so to speak. She could have protested legally. The anti-war movement is well and good, but essentially pointless nowadays. You get the same result if you sit and bitch about it on WTF.com.
You feel a bit better about yourself, and you get zero results.

Aggresive people will wage wars as long as humans have free will. The end.
I don't agree that it's pointless. The bigger it gets, the less there's a chance of republican reelection in 08. The more people react against wars, the less our dirigeants will be inclined to wage them.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
JLXC said:
Are you just joking? My sarcasm meter is off today.
has to be joking..
farceur
n. joker.

or suffering from fundamentalist dementia..

JLXC

Premium
RageAgainst said:
I don't agree that it's pointless. The bigger it gets, the less there's a chance of republican reelection in 08. The more people react against wars, the less our dirigeants will be inclined to wage them.
I understand where you're coming from, I do! I felt the same way most of my life. I just don't think the human animal is evolved enough for this kind of forward thinking, and as there gets to me more and more Billions of them, the wars for resources are already being waged financially, and militatarily, when they feel the need. War is a given for humans. Trying to get rid of war, is like trying to get rid of religion, good fucking luck.

The reason I posted that in particular was simply this, the people who are in power don't give one FUCKING SHIT about protests. Not anything, ZERO, NADA, Zilch, seriously man, fucking nothing.. Well that's not true, they like to get the names of the protesters so they can be put on a "List". It's not a good list either.

They have invincible might, they know it, they laugh at protesters and make up pet names for them. If one million people clogged Washington D.C. to protest the war, they'd be cool with it, something to laugh at. If they overstayed their welcome though don't doubt for one second that the police and national gaurd wouldn't run them right the fuck out of town. Protests have no power when those at the top are heartless thugs with nearly limitless power. Sorry man, the truth is a hard pill to swallow I know! I was you until I realized the truth. :(

The Biggest Supporter Of War Are Not The Ones Who Protest Against The Anti -war. But The Ones Who Risk Their Life When Their Country Is At War!

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
-{Foamy}- said:
The Biggest Supporter Of War Are Not The Ones Who Protest Against The Anti -war. But The Ones Who Risk Their Life When Their Country Is At War!
So why the fuck aren't you out there? It's nice to make claims like that, but considering you're not there, your whole argument is moot.

JLXC

Premium
-{Foamy}- said:
Any man or woman who fights simply because his country asks him or her to, without actually thinking about what they are asking them to do, is either a fool or a thug. If you agree with your countries actions, then you're a patriot, even if misguided. I have risked my life when the country was "at war" and I got out as soon as the war was over. I didn't agree with the way the "war" went, and so I did what I thought was right and got the fuck out, but I waited until my service was up.

I so agree with Nailbomb, I vote that all the people who support this piece of shit war so greatly should have to have their children go fight it, or if they are under 35 they should sign up, put your ass on the line or shut the fuck up. That would spell the end of this war in a heartbeat. The Bush Twins... at War! RRRiiiggghhhhtttt.

"Why don't Presidents fight the war? Why do they always send the poor?"

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
JLXC said:
I understand where you're coming from, I do! I felt the same way most of my life. I just don't think the human animal is evolved enough for this kind of forward thinking, and as there gets to me more and more Billions of them, the wars for resources are already being waged financially, and militatarily, when they feel the need. War is a given for humans. Trying to get rid of war, is like trying to get rid of religion, good fucking luck.

The reason I posted that in particular was simply this, the people who are in power don't give one FUCKING SHIT about protests. Not anything, ZERO, NADA, Zilch, seriously man, fucking nothing.. Well that's not true, they like to get the names of the protesters so they can be put on a "List". It's not a good list either.

They have invincible might, they know it, they laugh at protesters and make up pet names for them. If one million people clogged Washington D.C. to protest the war, they'd be cool with it, something to laugh at. If they overstayed their welcome though don't doubt for one second that the police and national gaurd wouldn't run them right the fuck out of town. Protests have no power when those at the top are heartless thugs with nearly limitless power. Sorry man, the truth is a hard pill to swallow I know! I was you until I realized the truth. :(
They might not give a shit, but they can still lose the elections because of it, and that's what I'm sincerely hoping for.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
RageAgainst said:
They might not give a shit, but they can still lose the elections because of it, and that's what I'm sincerely hoping for.
:rotflmao:

Bush is done anyways. Two term rule, ya know.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Republicans are still there. Wonder if Cheney gets yet another term. Wouldn´t it be nice. Just the puppet would change, but all of them good old faces would still be there, controlling the strings.. Rove, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Perle...

On a nother note, I am with Rage on this. Protests and the anti-war movement does really make a difference. It is always good to but some pressure on the government, just that they see that they cant do everything. If it weren´t such a big deal, why would all the worlds papers be writing about Cindy Sheehan?
I say that if she takes even one vote off the republicans she has made a great difference.

diamond

The nice guy
I am with Rage on this one.

People become apathetic about voting if they feel that their vote will make no difference.

By seeing people protest often and loudly (preferably legally though) they feel that there is a chance to change things, to exercise their right to democracy in a way that will do something.

It seems that often people declare something pointless to excuse their own lack of involvement.

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Premium
The reason I posted that in particular was simply this, the people who are in power don't give one FUCKING SHIT about protests. Not anything, ZERO, NADA, Zilch, seriously man, fucking nothing.. Well that's not true, they like to get the names of the protesters so they can be put on a "List". It's not a good list either.-JLXC

Dude you're right, and yah he lined his buddies pockets, but do you honestly think bush really wanted all this, besides to be fair, this has been coming for 20 years, it was invitable, it would have happened if not now, in 5, maybe 10 years...maybe 20, thing is it still would have happened. I just don't think its fair to put the entire blame on one man.

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Premium
JLXC said:
I so agree with Nailbomb, I vote that all the people who support this piece of shit war so greatly should have to have their children go fight it, or if they are under 35 they should sign up, put your ass on the line or shut the fuck up. That would spell the end of this war in a heartbeat. The Bush Twins... at War! RRRiiiggghhhhtttt.

I agree with this, and thing is i support, and it's my full intention to join the millitary in a year, when im of age. For my education, and myself as a person. It feels right to do so.