WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Cocoa (Obj-C flavor)

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
I couldn't find any Cocoa threads, so there is one now!

I've written a few C++ programs for Windows and know the basics of Win32 API's. Now I'm working on my first Cocoa app in Objective-C and C++. Win32 API have Dialog classes for temporary/auxillery windows as children of the the main app's window, in which you can add buttons, menu's, textfields, etc... I'm trying to figure out Cocoa's equivalent. I have a basic understanding of the NSAlert class, but they don't seem to allow anything other than button inputs. Does anyone know how to spawn a child window with an NSTextField and "done" button, that closes after "done" is pressed and stores the user's input into NSTextField into a local var by the calling method?