WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

College Classes...

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Ok heres the sit. I am a junior right now and i have just moved up to a new school and a new place. Right now the school is alot behind me and i am really really bored here.. so i am thinking about taking a few college classes and graduating early. The question that i pose for you guys is, have any of you done that? If so or even if you just know something about let me know. Id like the input. Thanks!

MsPunK

Tenderony
umm im not sure about what junior and stuff means in your country but if you can speed up your education thats a great thing. as long as you think you will stick to it.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
Good idea. Take the classes that wouldn't be concerned with your major though. For example, say you want to major in Biochemistry (good knows why :p ) so you'll take College Composition 101 or something. By taking courses like that, you'll get some of your core curriculum over with, allowing you to focus in on your major/concentration.

I hope this advice is good for you!

;)

swizeguy

How dare you!?
msalyss85 said:
Good idea. Take the classes that wouldn't be concerned with your major though. For example, say you want to major in Biochemistry (good knows why :p ) so you'll take College Composition 101 or something. By taking courses like that, you'll get some of your core curriculum over with, allowing you to focus in on your major/concentration.

I hope this advice is good for you!

;)
Yeah thanks thats what i was thinking about doing. actually taking a psychology class. Most of the colleges, around here anyways, make you take that as one of your core classes so i figured id get it outta the way and it would count as a year (even tho its a semester) credit!

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
My bro does that. Alot of work.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
[sky] said:
My bro does that. Alot of work.
The only work I do in college is to see how much beer I can funnel before I throw up; or how long I can do a keg-stand.

But onto the topic at hand. Most high schools allow you to do JE (Joint Enrollment), though they only allow seniors to do it, at least here they do. Some of my friends that did JE their senior did not even have to go to the High School, because they were full time at the local community college. And so, not only did they get high school credit for their college courses, they also got college credit as well. Go talk to one of your high school counselors, they would be the ones to really help you out. Good Luck, bud. :thumbsup:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Be Wary though, If you know where you want to go to college after you graduate, make sure if you take those AP classes or whatever, those credits will transfer, I took AP classes in highschool and none of my credits transferred to the University I was gonna attend... which blew sweaty nut sack cause it was just money and time pissed away down the drain.... ka woosh.