WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

College Roomate

magnolia

Postaholic
Ok, so a couple of weeks ago I get a letter with the name, home address, and phone number of my roomate for college. I call her and leave a message thinking I'll have to call her back later that week. To my surprise I get a call the next morning from her. We get to talking and we're like one in the same. Almost. But we get a long great so far. (We've talked a couple more times over the phone.) The best part is that she only lives like 40 min. from my house. Which isn't that much when you're going to college 3 hours away. We've agreed on everything so far. Hopefully it will keep going well.

We're meeting up at Applebee's on Tuesday to meet in person and have lunch. I hope it goes well. I'm sure it will. I'm just so excited. :woot:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Hooray for your college!

I'm sure she'll love you, and you her.

Good luck. ;) Living together increases your chance of becoming mortal enemies, so if you disagree on something, just change the subject. :/

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
CNN actually had a good article about how to live with a total stranger in college. Clickity

Basically, don't over do the nice. Be yourself, stand up for yourself, be respectful and demand that she do the same.

Duplic8ed

**Eat it**
Tips to live with another person by:
1. Dont do all the dishes... he/she will take advantage..
2. let your boundries be known.
3. NEVER LOAN MONEY!!!
try to find a happy medium between door mat and total bitch.. other wise it gets a little heated.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
i find that pissing on the carpet to mark your territory works well.....

living with someone can be a hassle...make sure you talk to her about being clean ..in general around the room...are you living at the dorms or an apt complex.. doubles?
estalishing some rules when both of you first get there works really well....

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
magnolia said:
Ok, so a couple of weeks ago I get a letter with the name, home address, and phone number of my roomate for college. I call her and leave a message thinking I'll have to call her back later that week. To my surprise I get a call the next morning from her. We get to talking and we're like one in the same. Almost. But we get a long great so far. (We've talked a couple more times over the phone.) The best part is that she only lives like 40 min. from my house. Which isn't that much when you're going to college 3 hours away. We've agreed on everything so far. Hopefully it will keep going well.

We're meeting up at Applebee's on Tuesday to meet in person and have lunch. I hope it goes well. I'm sure it will. I'm just so excited. :woot:
Till you find out she spends most of her nights chasin the dragon!

J/K