WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

CollegeLinux Question

Descent

Hella Constipated
I was wondering, since this thing doesn't have an auto-configurating LILO, what would be the path of the kernel image I would have to input?

I really need help on this, by tonight.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Fuck Red Hat, I used that, and it sucked balls.

Now, do you know the kernel image destination, or not?

Jung

???
Premium
jstager said:
I was wondering, since this thing doesn't have an auto-configurating LILO, what would be the path of the kernel image I would have to input?

I really need help on this, by tonight.
vi /etc/lilo.conf

I'm not sure where it is exactly on that distro, but that's why you grep.;)

Also, for future use:
www.google.com/linux

Descent

Hella Constipated
<---- Linux n00b

Um, so do I just type in what you said, or what?

I suck balls with Linux.

tzedek

Original Member
vi from a command will let you edit lilo.conf. just add windows in there. i cant remeber exaclty something like

other=\dev\hda1 <--wherever windows is
label=windows

then just run lilo from the term. /sbin/lilo

oh yeah do a su before all that to log in as root of course. google will tell you what to do.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Say what?

When I tell it to add partitions to LILO, it says, "Enter path of kernel module."

What the fuck is that?

tzedek

Original Member
are you still at the beginning of the install?

*edit: i know what is going on. contrary to your belief CL does auto configure LILO for you. just hit 3 to verify that there is already an entry in lilo and you should see CollegeLinux.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'm installing it again...

However, to my horror, now NTOSKernel.exe is missing from my 2K3 install...

Shit. Time to repair that...Better do that tomorrow...

Thank God this is on my second box...

Descent

Hella Constipated
Still ain't workin :( .

It didn't even put on LILO this time...

Missles...I need to learn Linux because that is where the industry is going. I also find it quite fun to play with :).

Jung

???
Premium
www.linuxiso.org; go download Mandrake and let it hold your hand. Alternately, take my advice and download Suse' or Red Hat. Don't make some baseless comment about red hat sucking either, you obviously don't have the experience to even say that. Red Hat isn't the best distro out there, but I doubt you'd have any luck with more advanced distros, being a newb and all.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
jstager said:
Fuck Red Hat, I used that, and it sucked balls.

Now, do you know the kernel image destination, or not?

Yes I do jackass, but since you are a Linux guru, figure it out. Gee, I guess it's too much for you to read, to find your answers on your own Typical EU.

Descent

Hella Constipated
to find your answers on your own Typical EU.
I oughtta ass rape you for saying that :). I was going to, but I took the AOLers way out, and now I regret it :( .

What can I say? I'm a lazy fuck :p .

Descent

Hella Constipated
Roger, downloading Purple Helmet Linux as we speak :).

Um, should I run Fedora or Ret Hat 9?