WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Comedy? wtf happened?

Mr. Sandman

acidum arsenici
Has anyone noticed what modern cartoon comedy has come to? Random shit that no one would have found funny 8 years ago...Just random things that are so absurd or stupid that we laugh....hence...
www.toothpastefordinner.com, www.fat-pie.com, Family guy.. It was sorta entertaining when the "make no sense, be totally absurd" comedy genre came out, but now its just all the same, and its been like this for the past couple of years. It's just kind of getting annoying. :confused:

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i was watching home movies series 3 this evening, best cartoons ever..
i think if you watch the right thing it's still good.. people get jaded with entertainment but you just have to dig a lil' deeper..

http://homemovies.toonzone.net/DVD3.htm

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
family guy is random and some of that randomness is funny, but i find all the references in that show much funnier, especially the really obscure ones

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
You lumped Family Guy in there? Have you even seen the show?

WizardlyFriend said:
family guy is random and some of that randomness is funny, but i find all the references in that show much funnier, especially the really obscure ones
Yeah, but that's the thing about the show sometimes. It doesn't make a joke, just a reference and people of a certain generation will laugh because it'll have nostalgia value. It's not really the type of thing everyone can get into all the time...

Of course, what's been pissing me off about the new ones is that they're using the same jokes from old seasons over and over again in an attempt to ruin the old episodes. But that's another story.

Big E

burner of random shit
You're not kidding all the repetitive jokes are only funny for so long then you have to break out the happy grass you know what I mean the stuff that makes everything funny.:happysad:

littleone

the short crazy one
Hey! I for one enjoy Family Guy, very much! And I will have to go with Viod for the Home Movies series, good stuff.

The originals are the ones worth while. Watch those, and you're set with a bundle of funnies.