WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
What the crap is up with these nowa days.

1. The "artsie fartsie" commercial.

These have nothing to do with the product being sold. Most noteable was the recent Nike commecial with the idiots in weird "warrior" masks. But this trend. Can't you just put the products on T.V. and say, "Product X is neato because it does <blah blah blah here>."

2. Illogical commercials

These are an insult to common intelligence. One noteable is the Phone service commercial. Those "Has your phone been disconnected? Do you want it back? Call this number." What the Christ. I mean seriously. I don't even care if you can use a payphone. Fuck that. It still makes no sense.

3. The "Super Shitty Jingle" commercials

Corbet Canyon. I cannot stress how annoying some Jingles are. I personally don't hear an annoying jingle and say, "Oh neato, that's that shit on T.V. witht the really annoying jingle, I'll have some." Screw a bunch of that.

4. The "Ask your doctor if <insert drug here> is right for you" Commercials.

These fuckers don't even have the descency to tell you what the mother fucking drug is for. Not to mention that once you find out what the drug is supposed to be for, the list of side effects is worse than the original condition. "You mean this headache medicine will have me uncontrollablely leaking out of my ass?"

5. The "Feminine Products" Commercials

I don't use tampons, vagisil, monostat, midol, pads, or anything else that involves a woman and a period. Half of the fucking Population doesn't... why do they need to be on there? I have yet to see a commercial for Jock Itch powder or something along those lines. Not that I want to, but at least even the shit out a little.

6. The "I'm a superstar model chick and I use brand X make-up"

Bah, like the prissy fuckers even put their own makeup on. :thumbsdn: They haven't got a fucking clue what's going on.

7. The local news "We rule because we report the news on T.V." commercials

They talk about late breaking news, and then post at noon what's going to be on at 9 p.m. HOW IS THAT LATE BREAKING? Damn. At least keep it mysterious.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I hate really frenetic, annoying commercials....Like old school nickelodeon and current disney ones....ugh.

I happen to enjoy the adult swim ads though...clever group of chaps they are. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bigck3000 said:
I happen to enjoy the adult swim ads though...clever group of chaps they are. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Exactly, the most retarded commercials are shown at night. My hat is off to [ADULTSWIM], at least they make it comedic.

I can’t stand commercials in general. Just fucking annoying, they are. No one “tunes in” to see ads televised. We just want to watch the fucking show.

Bastard ass commercials! :thumbsdn:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Commercials are complete logical fallacies. They are destroying the American way of thought. Our attention spans are dropping because commercials force us to absorb more information in a shorter amount of time. Fucking TV. It ruined.

Fucking Camry Comercials...

(daughter and mom in car)
Daughter: So what about Ralph?
Mom: Oh, he's good.
D: Getting into serious dating?
M: I suppose.
D: So how is he?
M: Oh, he's at home with Lucas.
D: No, I mean how is he *Sly grin*
M: LMAO, I think we should have a coffee.
Narrator: Camry, the Modern Family Sedan

Like what the fuck? That ain't got shit to do with the car..

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
Magic Hobo said:
Fucking Camry Comercials...

(daughter and mom in car)
Daughter: So what about Ralph?
Mom: Oh, he's good.
D: Getting into serious dating?
M: I suppose.
D: So how is he?
M: Oh, he's at home with Lucas.
D: No, I mean how is he *Sly grin*
M: LMAO, I think we should have a coffee.
Narrator: Camry, the Modern Family Sedan

Like what the fuck? That ain't got shit to do with the car..
is that a real commercial? cuz i think i've seen something among those lines

Easty

Click click boom
anyone remember the classic, oooooooooo meth, ohhhhhhhh meth commericial? i love that one.

*hum* get these germs all outta my face, get these bugs all outta my place, one more fix...no time to waste oh meth oooo meth. *hum*

Nunzii

®åvïñg §hëêþðhò£íç
Dont they have this one out now making it seem like herpes is a good thing to have? like they have a couple laying on a beach and he goes "i have herpes" and they start kissing. really weird.... :confused:

bleh!

[adultswim] is the only commercials i like. i can understand commercials for other tv shows...only some of them anyway....i hate the commercials that show how easy or simple a product is, when you know your family has one thats in the closet because it broke 4 days after you got it or its too much trouble. i also hate how they took that stupid jessica simpsons 'tuna or chicken' crap and did a commercial for dominos and for the 'liquid or ice'. the also used hilary and hallie duff for that damn commercial as well...goddamn wanna be pop princess's... :mad:

Nunzio said:
Dont they have this one out now making it seem like herpes is a good thing to have? like they have a couple laying on a beach and he goes "i have herpes" and they start kissing. really weird.... :confused:
You have 100 some posts yet I have only seen a few of them. :(

Easty

Click click boom
are you aware that your initials also mean just kidding?

you're a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.