WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Computer Case Study

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Well, I was just wondering about anyone's opinion concerning Acrylic Computer Cases. I personally think they look cool, cool as in neat, but I would also imagine that being plastic, they do not dissapate heat very well. And that this fact may be solved by a huge number of case fans. Which still doesn't bother me. But, if fans alone aren't enough...

Point being, my $30 case/PSU combo I bought is beginning to piss me off with it's uber cheesieness. The looks coupled with the craftsmanship of the P.O.S., have got me looking to a replacement. And before Jung replies, I like the look of a Luian Lia or whatever..., but would still like input on an Acrylic case.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
My input would be tainted and of no value, as I personally hate acrylic cases.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
MaxPower said:
My input would be tainted and of no value, as I personally hate acrylic cases.

huhuhaha He said, taint.

Hey fuck it; the pope has a bubble on his Mercedes. If want a bubble case with Neon lights, hydraulics, spinners, and gold teeth, so let it be written, so let it be done.

Jung

???
Premium
Broken said:
Hey fuck it; the pope has a bubble on his Mercedes. If want a bubble case with Neon lights, hydraulics, spinners, and gold teeth, so let it be written, so let it be done.
Jstager can help him build it too. :thumbsup:

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Everyone's sarcasm is dualy noted. I'll take all suggestions into consideration. And as for my, "non-working system"... it's working now.

You are looking at the results of it working. :thumbsup:

Lian Li.... Thanks Jung! I was too damned lazy to look it up.

I have also since realized after reassembling my box, that even more light would piss me off.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
brainwashmonkey said:
Everyone's sarcasm is dualy noted. I'll take all suggestions into consideration. And as for my, "non-working system"... it's working now.

You are looking at the results of it working. :thumbsup:

Lian Li.... Thanks Jung! I was too damned lazy to look it up.

I have also since realized after reassembling my box, that even more light would piss me off.
Hey, mine is made of somewhat plastic and somewhat metal. The computers side door in which you open to put or upgrade things is clear see through plastic and the front of it where there is a blue lighting fan is also plastic, all in all it works fine to me, no messups yet. Here is a pic, take a looksy...

Oh and the door in the front is also plastic, the one in which you open to see your disk drives.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
Bump for Lian Li elegance. Here's the case my main PC sits in, it's elegant and nice looking, and doesn't look like it should have Type R stickers all over it. :thumbsup:

http://www.lian-li.com/product.php?action=viewPD&prdid=1195

I find that case to be ugly. Like fridge ugly, instead of Type R stickers it looks like it should have firdge mangnents. Attach your homework to that one... hehe

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
_Kitana_ said:
I find that case to be ugly. Like fridge ugly, instead of Type R stickers it looks like it should have firdge mangnents. Attach your homework to that one... hehe
Lmao Kitana, I was not going to say anything, but you did...lol. Thanks for being the first to tell him that. It is kinda plain and ugly.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
Some people don't "ghet" simple elegance. I wonder what kind of case you have?
Cuddles said:
Lmao Kitana, I was not going to say anything, but you did...lol. Thanks for being the first to tell him that. It is kinda plain and ugly.
Same as above.

Not everyone wants multi colored plastic cases, or shiny blue neons coming out of their computers. Some people have nice things in their houses, and like to maintain it's elegance. I don't need, nor do I want a riced out computer in my house; it wouldn't match my desk, nor our decor. Likewise, I don't have magazine cut outs and unframed posters all over my walls either; I prefer classy decor over teenager-esq decorations. I apply the same thinking to my computer case.

To each his own though, but most of those plastic cases are just cheap garbage.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Cheap garbage... I got one of those kind of cases. I swear I could smash three beer cans and make a better one. Which is where this thread started... Or was supposed to anyways.

I'm also a big fan of the way that some Lian Li cases mount the Mobo basically upside-down from conventional cases. I just wonder if they have more than those two fans on them. I would personally like to move my case fans along with the rest of the computer innards or I'll be pissing away another $30 on case fans that I no longer need.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
junglizm said:
Some people don't "ghet" simple elegance. I wonder what kind of case you have?

Same as above.

Not everyone wants multi colored plastic cases, or shiny blue neons coming out of their computers. Some people have nice things in their houses, and like to maintain it's elegance. I don't need, nor do I want a riced out computer in my house; it wouldn't match my desk, nor our decor. Likewise, I don't have magazine cut outs and unframed posters all over my walls either; I prefer classy decor over teenager-esq decorations. I apply the same thinking to my computer case.

To each his own though, but most of those plastic cases are just cheap garbage.
Well, to say one thing, my case is not all plastic, the only thing that is plastic is the side clear pannel and the door that opens up to show the disk drives. The top, side, bottom, and back are metal. Trust me, this case was not that cheap.

Another thing, don't assume I have posters on my walls, because I don't. I cannot stand posters on walls, it makes the room look clottered. I do how ever have a nice mirror picture set on my wall of dolpins in the ocean. My desk of course does match my computer, its silver. My monitor is silver, my pirnter is silver gray, my sub and speekers are silver black, my keyboard is black, my HP photo printer is Silver, and my mouse is silver. Yes it does all match. Now as for my entertainment center by the other wall, it does not match, I have had that for years now and its a light oak wood with my black 32in tv and such. But I do have to say that my dvd reciever and suround speakers are silver. So basically I like my silver, but somethings you cannot get in silver. And I am also trying to say, I am not what you think I am, I do not like posters on my wall and shit.

Jung

???
Premium
Cuddles said:
Well, to say one thing, my case is not all plastic, the only thing that is plastic is the side clear pannel and the door that opens up to show the disk drives. The top, side, bottom, and back are metal. Trust me, this case was not that cheap.
Ok, that's wonderful. I still think that case is garbage; I look for more in a case than simply it's looks.

Also, I would definately consider it cheap. But that's just my opinion...

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-145&depa=1
Awesome!

I wasn't assuming you're any certain way; I was just voicing my opinions. If you followed my post, you'd see that I was pointing out why I don't like those types of cases. Nothing more.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
I was voicing my opinions too, and that case you just showed me, it is cheap casue it did not come with power supply or some of the other stuff that I got. I paid $160 or mine from Circuit City. I don't know how much it is now.

Jung

???
Premium
Cuddles said:
I paid $160 or mine from Circuit City.
Yeah, and that's why you paid so much. :thumbsup:

\/\/\/ Sorry.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Would you two stop crappin on my thread?

I have decided that I couldn't stand haveing anything brighter than the case I already have. So I'ma gonna look for something more along the lines of a conventional case.

And even though Jungs case does look like a fridge, I would own that before the one I have now.

Cuddles, your case is somewhat along the lines of what I have now, except mine has a lighted fan in the window.