WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Computer Refuses to Read CD-Audio tracks in game

Descent

Hella Constipated
Yeah, I know. Plays 'em fine outside of a full-screen app, inside you get nothing, you lose, good say sir.

So Daikatana and Manx TT Superbike have no CD-DA background music.

I even tried forcing analog redbook output, using DXDiag, etc. nothing's working.

Any ideas? This is a new occurance.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
what kinda drive do you have? also, have you had a problem running any other kinds of CD-R(W) formats?

Jung

???
Premium
Did you try updating your drivers?

Descent

Hella Constipated
LiberatioN said:
what kinda drive do you have? also, have you had a problem running any other kinds of CD-R(W) formats?
My DVD-ROM and CD-RW drives gave out within two weeks of each other, because they were VERY old (1999, 2002), so now I am using a Samsung CD-ROM SC-140 40x CD-ROM and an Iomega Predator 4x4x6x USB 1.1 CD-RW drive.

They both give me the same issue.

Junglizm said:
Did you try updating your drivers?
At this point I think DirectX is the problem, but that's just me talking. 9.0c on the OLD version of 2003 (non-service packed), and I've run it with the same config and no problems whatsoever with in game CD-DA playback.

Descent

Hella Constipated
UPDATE: I tried some more shit, including downgrading my audio drivers. Still a no-go.

I want to beat Daikatana like you wouldn't believe, but with no background music it's not worth it :(.