WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

confusion

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
I'm not sure if i should have this in here, because my "other" is great but I'm just confused... it's possible that this should go in chit chat or something but anyway...
So I started going to this art school a while back, and this dramatically cut down my access to straight attractive men. I had a few guys interested but I wasn't really interested back, but i made some really good friends. Towards the end of the year my friend joe started to kind of look more attractive to me. He has never dated anyone before and just graduated. At the end of the summer he is moving to Ohio for college... so I figured it would be a safe and easy relationship. On the last day for seniors I was walking him to his class and just pushed him against the wall and kissed him. He isn't very attractive to me physically but I feel so good around him, and we can talk for hours. He is a huge dork and I love that, we are just opposites... i run every day and he sits on the computer for hours playing dungeons and dragons. My friends from normal schools don't really understand this, and are wondering why i would date someone so "under my league", they think that I am selling myself short. I feel bad about this because when I'm with him I start to think about that and wonder if I really am out of his league... it makes me feel like such a bitch. He asks me what I see in him, and it is so hard because i really don't find him physically attractive, but those are the kinds of things he would really like me to say.
I didn't want to date seriously because he is leaving...but it has gotten serious. He thinks he is in love with me, but I think it is because he really wouldn't know any better... you kind of do get attached to the first people you date seriously. He is still a virgin and I guess I am just having fun corrupting him. The problem is also that I just can't do another long distance relationship... they tear your soul out.

comments? advice?

I think it would be easier on him if you broke it off now instead of trying anything long distance (those really do suck). You should let him know that your not really that interested in him and try to let him off easy, but he's going to take it hard, the first "break-up" is definately the worst. But it's worse to keep it going with him and then he finds out that you have just been playing with him (sucks even more).

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
Yah I agree girl. Break it off easy with him, not to hurt his feelings, and maybe later on if you guys still stay friends, when you finally get over this "out of my league" thing, who know...it probably would work out then. :thumbsup:

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
He's a D&D fan? I've got the perfect breakup line:

"It's not you, it's your level 29 dwarf, Grinky Goobmeyer. I'm sorry, but I promised myself I'd never be with a man who prefers money to women."

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
arrogantbastard said:
I think it would be easier on him if you broke it off now instead of trying anything long distance (those really do suck). You should let him know that your not really that interested in him and try to let him off easy, but he's going to take it hard, the first "break-up" is definately the worst. But it's worse to keep it going with him and then he finds out that you have just been playing with him (sucks even more).
It's not that I'm not interested in him... we have great chemistry and laugh a lot together, so it's like I can get over the fact that he doesn't have rock hard abs or a Johnny depp face. I'm not playing with him, it's just awkward because I'm trying to look past the physical and enjoy him for who he is... it sounds cliche but i like him because of "what's on the inside." It's almost impossible to be with someone on those terms because I'm constantly reminded by people that I could get someone more attractive. I just don't know if I want that, because I feel like it shouldn't matter.
besides, dorks need love too.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Well dorks feel things deeply, they usually make a great living, and they are kinky in bed. At least that's what I've heard.

I'm not sure what to say, but if you guys want to be together you'll find a way.

Also, the ladies will probably agree, the mind is what is sexy. In years everyone will not look "pretty" it gets almost all of us, but that deep sexy mind of someone who loves you will stay forever. Something to think about.

00berdorq

Flame Bait
Eh, that's what I hate about friends sometimes... They put too much shit in your head to think about. As for a long distance relationship, yeah, those are pretty hard. I guess it just depends how much you feel for this guy and how much you're willing to give for him.

Fuck him before you kick him to the curb. That way he won't be a virgin, and can brag to his friends that he got in your pants. :thumbsup: It's a win/win situation.

JLXC

Premium
I have to agree with I Hate the FCC. If you are going to dump him, you hottie, at least rock his fucking world, and then dump him. Give geeks a chance!

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
JLXC said:
I have to agree with I Hate the FCC. If you are going to dump him, you hottie, at least rock his fucking world, and then dump him. Give geeks a chance!
Heh heh, like I said, I'm having fun corrupting him. I'm working on it :) . I let him feel me up and he was in heaven for like 3 days... I guess that that's also what I like about him, he is so excited about everything that he does with me, he's very into me, and I love making him happy... it's just so easy to do.

JLXC

Premium
Well then keep on, keeping on, if you know what I mean. At least post what you do to the guy so we can all be jealous later on! :thumbsup:

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
JLXC said:
Well then keep on, keeping on, if you know what I mean. At least post what you do to the guy so we can all be jealous later on! :thumbsup:
Ha Ha, Rockin'.

As far as the out of your league bullshit that's just annoying. Tell your "friends" to grow up.

As far as rockin' his world, bein' with him and all that fun stuff, just let him know where you're at. You don't want to lead him on and then dump him, he'll be further into recluse.

Communication my dear, if he's into it then game on, if you feel he can't handle it then back off a bit.

or just stay with him and cut the bullshit out of your league

ya, its long distance but if you have this much fun with him then you should just wait the years out. or not

you should either definetly break up with him or you should definetly not,
its definetly one of those two, lol

Ctoit

Tenderony
there comes a point in your life when only your opinion will matter.........people dont have to agree with your decisions...choices...boyfriends but they have to respect your descision...and if they dont.......GET NEW FRIENDS

oh ya and dont second guess yourself :cool: