WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Congrats to Australia!!

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
I know there are many of you out here. So I thought it was appropiate to congratulate you!

After 32 years Australia is yet again qualified to compete in the biggest sport event in the world. The World Cup!

Congratulations!!!!

Now, you may wonder why am I so happy? Well, because the team they beat, was one of the teams that beat my Chile. Thus now Chile is not going to compete for the World CUP.! :(

Anyway, Congrats!!

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
huzzah, we beat uraguay... that's a good thing right?

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
Football, right? (Or as the ignorant portion of America calls it, "soccer"...)

Football has to be the hardest sport EVER. There are no rules to limit how large a field may be, so the players are basically running marathons each game. I'm not a football fan, but my hat goes off to any team good enough to make it to the World Cup in a sport so sprinting-intensive.

Cheers to the Australian team, here's hoping you take it home!

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
dookie said:
huzzah, we beat uraguay... that's a good thing right?
That's a great thing! Winning is always good! :thumbsup:

OmegaZeto said:

Football has to be the hardest sport EVER. There are no rules to limit how large a field may be, so the players are basically running marathons each game. I'm not a football fan, but my hat goes off to any team good enough to make it to the World Cup in a sport so sprinting-intensive.

There are rules:

Dimensions:
The field of play shall be rectangular, its length being not more than 130 yards nor less than 100 yards and its breadth not more than 100 yards nor less than 50 yards. (In international matches the length shall be not more than 120 yards nor less than 110 yards and the breadth not more than 80 yards nor less than 70 yards.) The length shall in all cases exceed the breadth.

Still, you must sprint on a regular basis.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
ChilianFuckFace said:
I know there are many of you out here. So I thought it was appropiate to congratulate you!

After 32 years Australia is yet again qualified to compete in the biggest sport event in the world. The World Cup!

Congratulations!!!!

Now, you may wonder why am I so happy? Well, because the team they beat, was one of the teams that beat my Chile. Thus now Chile is not going to compete for the World CUP.! :(

Anyway, Congrats!!
"My enemy's, enemy is my friend" I love that quote. So true.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
MaxPower said:
"My enemy's, enemy is my friend" I love that quote. So true.
You know it!

If my team would have qualified, we would have gone against Australia. Then, it would have been a whole different story! :D

Go Australia go! LOL

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
was going to start a new thread for this question, why do asians love soccer so much? i simply don't understand their obsession

wilko125

Rep My Post
OmegaZeto said:

Its also mostly called soccer in Australia as well, being our national sports are AFL (which is our football) and Cricket (poms made the game up, we pwn them at it). But Huzzar for Australia winning the soccer game against uraguay

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
please don't insult hyundai, they make cars and support aussie soccer

yeah i know you weren't actually insulting anyone

wilko125

Rep My Post
dookie said:
please don't insult hyundai, they make cars and support aussie soccer

yeah i know you weren't actually insulting anyone

ummmmmm.... what?

Who is this to and how does it refer to any of the previous posts?

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
dookie said:
was going to start a new thread for this question, why do asians love soccer so much? i simply don't understand their obsession
It's not just asians, is the entire world! Except of coarse, the United States and apparently Australia. :D

Where I grew up, we took FUTBOL (FootBall - Soccer) seriously. I love futbol because it's the best sport in the entire world! < My opinion. :thumbsup:

burpSLAVE

where that NOS gone?
ozzie ozzie ozzie oi oi oi

hope we can last for at least one round! :D

wilko125

Rep My Post
Did anybody hear about how john saffron was responsible for australia's triumph... lol he lifted the "curse" from the team by doing a witch doctor curse lifting ritual, so funny!