WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Controlable web cam

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Found this while looking for a "security over IP" surveillance solution for one of our customers. It's a web cam on a roof top somewhere in Mass. that you can pan and zoom using controls in the browser. Fun to play with for a few minutes.
To start with, there is a large panoramic image at the bottom. You can click on the area of interest that you want, and the camera will swing over. Then you can zoom in and out, and make fine tuned adjustments with the tilt and pan.
Controlable web cam

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Whoah. Cool. This is live feed? Never seen anything like that before.

Too bad there aren't people walking around... that would be pretty cool.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
MaxPower said:
Found this while looking for a "security over IP" surveillance solution for one of our customers. It's a web cam on a roof top somewhere in Mass. that you can pan and zoom using controls in the browser. Fun to play with for a few minutes.
To start with, there is a large panoramic image at the bottom. You can click on the area of interest that you want, and the camera will swing over. Then you can zoom in and out, and make fine tuned adjustments with the tilt and pan.
Controlable web cam
nice were in mass i go there sometimes when i go to see my aunt

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
It can get pretty interesting when two people are controlling it at once... heh.

Edit: I read a sign! Beleive it or not, I'm excited.

It reads: No Parking. All Unauthorized Vehicles will be towed away at owner's expense. Parking for 313 Pleasant Street

And I can't quite read the last word...

Rep points to the first person to find the sign and post its location, as well as the last word.

Descent

Hella Constipated
That's pretty damn cool...I should get one of those for my room.

pimpyobitch

Banned - What an Asshat!
The stl cardinals got one. First one to break it wins $10. Go here and click on "Check out the new ballpark webcam"

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
NoSubstance said:
Whoah. Cool. This is live feed? Never seen anything like that before.
Too bad there aren't people walking around... that would be pretty cool.
If you go during business hours Eastern standard time. You can see a lot of activity.

otepsoul said:
nice were in mass i go there sometimes when i go to see my aunt
I'm note sure, but they must have an "About us or contact page."

morelos

lexicon incognito
maxpower said:
dude you gotta love those MIT dropouts for coming up with weatherproof ServoMC+Imaging-over-IP solutions!

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
wow i see people walking wish this thing had like a gun on it.

ahhhhh that guy in the white shirt has no idea i can see him

otepsoul said:
wow i see people walking wish this thing had like a gun on it.

ahhhhh that guy in the white shirt has no idea i can see him
haha thats funny

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
hahaha i just watched someone blow the stopsign!!!!

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
wow i can zoom in the bushs lets see if i can find a bird.

morelos

lexicon incognito
thedea said:
hahaha i just watched someone blow the stopsign!!!!
he was probably talking to it.

do you guys wonder at all how you can both be pointing it at different places at the same time?

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
morelos said:
he was probably talking to it.

do you guys wonder at all how you can both be pointing it at different places at the same time?
u cant me and otep were lookin at it at the same time and he was movein it