WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Cooperative Game

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
My boss has decided that in order to do 3d graphics "research" he'd like to have us all play video games during working hours.

BUT, he wants the game to be cooperative. I've been tasked with finding a game that we'll all use.

So can anyone recommend a PC based game that meets all of the following criteria:
1. Must be relatively new, a release date of 2005 is mandatory, and the newer the better.
2. Must have some type of cooperative game play. Something like Capture the flag vs. bots would be great.
3. It can't be crap. We have to buy the game ourselves and I'm not going to shell out for some crappy assed shitbrick of a game.

In brain storming we've come up with:
Star Wars Battle Front II
Quake 4
The newest Unreal Championship

Can anyone tell me if those games have a coop mode? Or can you recommend a game that does?

that's a kickass job. you could all play battlefield 2 against each other

or oyu could play halo 2, that has coop, but it's not on PC

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Yeah, I think BF2 would be a good choice. The gameplay is very co-op oriented, and the Conquest mode totally FWNS.

R

RedOctober

I think your boss is just testing you.
Who is dumb enough to come up with something. :rolleyes:

::fpalm::

Last edited by a moderator:

Jung

???
Premium
Battlefield 2 or Battlefront 2... or you could try this for free.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Right, I forgot one rule:

The game must be coop as a LAN game with bots. There's 4 of us in the company and they don't want to play it online. :/

Jung

???
Premium
Well Quake 4 is out if you need bots.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
junglizm said:
Well Quake 4 is out if you need bots.
Can you play the story line as a group?

So far BattleField 2 and Battle Front 2 have been shot down because to really play them we'd need to be online.

maybe you can try Age of Empires III, or Joint Operations. JO has coop, but you'll need to download some COOP maps, so i don't know how that'll affect it

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
you can try counter strike source. To add bots, there is a program called ...pod bot....
ummm i dont really see the point of this though.:confused:

Hater808

The hate still Shapes me
UberSkippy said:
Can you play the story line as a group?

So far BattleField 2 and Battle Front 2 have been shot down because to really play them we'd need to be online.
You can play either of those with bots over the lan. With BF2 it's a bit harder. You need to start a single player game, instead of lan(can't get bots in lan) and have your friends connect via ip to your game. I don't think your going to find to many games that are pc co-op story mode. Halo 1 for pc might be, buts that all can think of.

Spikey

Supreme Leader
WWE SmackDown Vs. Raw 2006 or Wrestemanie 21
Seems perfect for your description
Especially in Royal Rumble Mode

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
Civ IV

Neverwinter Nights...the diamond edition was just released but the base game was released a few years back.

Ghost Recon...there again not released this year but a killer game and does have co-op play.

Homeworld

You should try homeworld or homeworld 2.
They didn't come out 5 seconds ago and they're damn fun.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
What about an RTS? You can set up a game with 8 players, and have teams of 4 on 4 or some such...