WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

CopyLifted

I took these photos mainly for your viewing pleasure, but anybody feel free to look and comment.

1970 Buick GSX

A few notes:

I did the engine work, my brother did the body work, except I did the decals and fucked them up.
The pictures were taken with a webcam, so they're not very good.
The hood's a bit crooked.
EDIT: And it doesn't have a rear bumper... fell off and got lost somewhere, which is why I didn't post any of the back.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Thats really something to be proud of. I normally say screw it after 3 minutes.

keebs

Particinator
i wish i had that car, but the actully acr, its a nice car, and be fun is hell to drive.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Mama mia! That's-a one teeny car!

1:24 scale.

/me shrinks himself, gets in the car, and drives off his computer.

:o

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
That is awesome UN. I would love to have reall GSX. :D

I used to build models all the time, but I just don't have the patience for them anymore. As a Matter of fact, I even have some awards for the model cars I have built. I also started customizing Hotwheels too.

It's been a long day, sorry for the delay in responding.

I used to be committed...

One of the main reasons I don't anymore is because I have to travel at least 2 hours just to buy one of those things...

Also, I don't have room anymore. We were committed... but not enough to enter any contests.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Unforgiven said:
I used to be committed...

One of the main reasons I don't anymore is because I have to travel at least 2 hours just to buy one of those things...

Also, I don't have room anymore. We were committed... but not enough to enter any contests.
well then i can see your dillema. but i mean if its something your really passionate about...

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Pretty cool, but can you really use the term "engine work" on a model car?

1:24 scale?! That's freakin' miniscule. I wish I had the patience.

BklynCannonball said:

The engine itself was easy to assemble.

It was the painting that took all the work.:happysad:

BklynCannonball

I can imagine. Looks like you did a great job painting. The stripes look fabulous.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
BklynCannonball said:

When I used to build models, engine work was the term. I went as far at putting "plug wires", braided hoses, carb linkage, "fuel lines", ect. on the engine.

The chassis would even have the "fuel lines" and brake lines routed to were they should go.

It was the details that won the trophies. As I said above, I no longer have the patience for it now. But it was a fun hobby.

BklynCannonball

Now way!!!! I didn't think it got that detailed. That's pretty effin cool!