WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gaming Counter Strike: Source Public Beta Released.

Descent

Hella Constipated
THANK YOU VALVE/ATI! The public beta of CS: Source has been released, and it looks absolutesly amazing. The physics are near flawless, the gameplay is rock solid, and the realism is breathtaking. I have never played a more realistic game in my life.

My system chokes running it though...It must be my OCed Duron...It is only OCed to 2400+ speeds :(.

Anyway, if you haven't downloaded it off Steam yet, do so, you will be amazed.

It's one hell of a game.

wiseman

"angry"scientist
what system(s) is it on...how much deos it cost? where can i get it :confused:

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Now tell me, is this stupid shit your lives?

Descent

Hella Constipated
If you have a Steam account, and Counter Strike: Condition Zero, or the ATI Half-Life 2 offer, you are eligible to play this game.

It runs pretty good on a Radeon 9200 128MB video card...it's pretty effecient. Even people with lower end systems will be fine in terms of running the game.

Bullshyt, some of us are not on AOL and actually have good computers. That is why we care about games so much. They are fun, they really do enrich your life. Oh, and console gamers, this game is PC only. That means you better upgrade that old PC of yours and play some REAL games!

Anyone here besides me try playing this game yet? What do you think of it?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Nice job Valve! After recieving the latest update, I can no longer run the game! Yep. It just stops responding before the in game menu finsihes loading.

Anyone here have a fix for this? This really pisses me off...

This is proof that Valve truly has no clue what they are doing. Many other people have had problems with the earlier patches too. I have tried the usual fix, deleting the CS: Source directory, then letting Steam rebuild it, but it doesn't work. I'm gonna check out the steam forums now.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Unfortunately Idon't have access to CS:Source. I am tempted to buy Condition Zero just to be able to run CS:Source.

Jung

???
Premium
imo it's not worth it, limited maps, limited servers etc.

Descent

Hella Constipated
It's really not. It only runs on about 50% of the computers available because it is so damn buggy.

I'm gonna try uncompressing it with GCFScape...I'll see if it works then.