WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Court Won't Make Cheney Energy Papers Public

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court refused on Thursday to require Vice President Dick Cheney to disclose records of a 2001 task force he headed that critics say secretly formed energy policy favorable to the industry.

In a temporary victory for the government, the justices set aside a ruling that Cheney, a former energy industry executive, must comply with a federal judge's order to produce the internal White House documents or give a detailed explanation of what was withheld and why.

Democrats accuse the administration of excessive secrecy surrounding the task force that President Bush put Cheney in charge of. They said the force, which endorsed more oil and gas drilling and a revived nuclear energy program, favored the industry over environmental concerns.

Let's give this guy ANOTHER pass...

morelos

lexicon incognito
yup.

www.misleader.org

also, i got my tix for fahrenheit 9/11... can't wait for tomorrow night. i'll be sure to let you guys know what i think of it (not that you'll care, but oh well)

~ dan ~

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
otepsoul said:
ok im lost
otep,

Cheney secretly formed energy policy favorable to the industry, and his company. He used the second highest office in the land for his personal gain. He walked all over us, and now he's getting away with it.