Covid-19 tips and health safety!

MaxPower

Sweep the leg
Staff
Anyone considered giving up their rights and freedoms?
What we need are large fenced in areas for those who refuse to practice social distancing. That way they can exercise their freedom to roam free, while at the same time not infect the rest of us. Both with their viral iinfection and their dangerous subversive ideology.

• 2Like
  • 1Agree
Reactions: 2 users

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
What we need are large fenced in areas for those who refuse to practice social distancing. That way they can exercise their freedom to roam free, while at the same time not infect the rest of us. Both with their viral iinfection and their dangerous subversive ideology.
Now we're getting somewhere. Can't have mofos running round all Willy Nilly jeopardizing people's safety with antiquated notions of free will, liberty and freedom.

*Pssst* people might..... Die.... Which is totally different from any other day of the week, crisis or war

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MaxPower

Sweep the leg
Staff
Now we're getting somewhere. Can't have mofos running round all Willy Nilly jeopardizing people's safety with antiquated notions of free will, liberty and freedom.

*Pssst* people might..... Die.... Which is totally different from any other day of the week, crisis or war
FB_IMG_1588399988934.jpg

• 1OH YEAAHH!
  • 1Like
  • 1Sad
Reactions: 3 users

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
I have not heard anyone in the media or government use the term "smart reopening", so perhaps I will have to coin it now. What I mean is that parts of the country should reopen, but people still need to be kept separated.

I see barber shops and beauty salons of the future resembling dental offices. Customers will be serviced in their own rooms and the workers will all wear masks and rubber gloves. When I was a kid, before AIDs was a thing, my dentist was always sticking his bare hands in my mouth and nobody wore masks.

I see restaurants putting up partition walls between the tables and requiring reservations.

Currently, some states are closing their beaches completely while others are reopening their beaches haphazardly, allowing crowds of people to form. Neither of these approaches are good. There needs to be limits on the number of people allowed on the beaches and parks and other public areas. Unfortunately, it would cost too much if authorities were required to enforce these limits and given the high level of self-centeredness half of Americans have, the limits are sure to be exceeded if people are left to police themselves.

Does anyone have any other ideas of how businesses could reopen intelligently?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
Does anyone have any other ideas of how businesses could reopen intelligently?

My Fiance and I were worried for this.
She just returned to her job as production manager for a company that coats electronics.
The City is actually regulating the re-acclimation, implementing cleaning procedures, limiting how many people can return to work, etc.

Only about 1/3rd of her company is returning, and everyone has to wear PPE, like FULL PPE, glasses, face mask, latex gloves, etc.
So far, so good... it is still kinda sketchy, but it's good to see the company taking this seriously.

• 1Like
  • 11UP!
Reactions: 1 users

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Premium
I feel for those out of work because of the pandemic,
so many business's lost and might not return, and where life has halted for so many,
the unemployment rate is going to be thru the roof after this one as most of the mom and pop shops wont survive,
And with our government giving out an extra $600 per month per person in a household, that makes it to the point where the unemployed are making more than me per month,
but the good thing for me and mine is that I have my job and health, I am a so called "essential" service ( I work at a hospital ) so my job is safe till they decide otherwise,
And to top it off, my health is great for a person my age and with the life I have led, Right??
I shouldn't be complaining,

But I feel this is going to hurt us americans in the long run,
as our idiot for a POTUS and his little nazi white supremacist buddy is going to run this great place into the ground and more
just for his silly ass amusement.

Correct Me If I'm Wrong...

CoprophagousCop

Premium
And with our government giving out an extra $600 per month per person in a household, that makes it to the point where the unemployed are making more than me per month,
Not everyone that is unemployed can collect unemployment insurance, only those who have been recently "laid off". I quit my last job a year and a half ago, so no extra money for me, except I did get my "stimulus" check since I did work in 2018.

the unemployment rate is going to be thru the roof after this one
It already is. The economy sucked in my area long before this pandemic. Now, employers are going to be even further motivated to automate jobs in the future since robots cannot get sick.

• 2Sad

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
So the administration of Individual One made a real fucking mess of this entire Pandemic all in an effort to restore their own wealth ...

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...-test-data-pennsylvania-georgia-texas/611935/

‘How Could the CDC Make That Mistake?’
The government’s disease-fighting agency is conflating viral and antibody tests, compromising a few crucial metrics that governors depend on to reopen their economies. Pennsylvania, Georgia, Texas, and other states are doing the same.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is conflating the results of two different types of coronavirus tests, distorting several important metrics and providing the country with an inaccurate picture of the state of the pandemic. We’ve learned that the CDC is making, at best, a debilitating mistake: combining test results that diagnose current coronavirus infections with test results that measure whether someone has ever had the virus. The upshot is that the government’s disease-fighting agency is overstating the country’s ability to test people who are sick with COVID-19. The agency confirmed to The Atlantic on Wednesday that it is mixing the results of viral and antibody tests, even though the two tests reveal different information and are used for different reasons.

This is not merely a technical error. States have set quantitative guidelines for reopening their economies based on these flawed data points.

Several states—including Pennsylvania, the site of one of the country’s largest outbreaks, as well as Texas, Georgia, and Vermont—are blending the data in the same way. Virginia likewise mixed viral and antibody test results until last week, but it reversed course and the governor apologized for the practice after it was covered by the Richmond Times-Dispatch and The Atlantic. Maine similarly separated its data on Wednesday; Vermont authorities claimed they didn’t even know they were doing this.

CoprophagousCop

Premium
The upshot is that the government’s disease-fighting agency is overstating the country’s ability to test people who are sick with COVID-19.

Further down in the article it states "blending viral and antibody tests will drive down your positive rate in a very dramatic way".

I think this so-called "mix up" is the result of the CDC being under too much pressure from the Trump administration to produce more test results and favorable ones at that.

TheScientificMethodVersusThePoliticalMethod.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Agree

CoprophagousCop

Premium
^ Except Batman's mask is the exact opposite of a COVID-19 mask. Batman does not care about others.

• 11UP!
  • 1Like