WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

*Crash*

This is an adult film with several intertwining plots that revolve around racism in America.
The long & short of it is that racism is alive & well in your neighborhood.
It lives next door, it might be your mailman, it could be your pharmacist or even someone in your church.
Racism is cloaked in many ways, its not as blatant as it used to be. But behind closed doors (or not) it lives & breathes as sure as you exist.
I found this film to be exceptionally disturbing & also thought provoking.
On a scale of 1-5 popcorn kernels this one gets 5.
If its not out on DVD yet it will be soon. If you enjoy an intense & powerful movie watching experience I highly recommend Crash.

concepts said:
Racism is cloaked in many ways, its not as blatant as it used to be. But behind closed doors (or not) it lives & breathes as sure as you exist.
It's funny you brought this up. I've been arguing about racism with one of my co-workers all week. He makes racist comments, I tell him he's immature, and so on and so forth. Anyways, I'd say most people I know are racist. Not a day goes by I don't hear someone making racist comments. I guess it comes with the territory when you live in Ohio.

I'll have to check out this movie, though. I'll just have be sure to watch it without anyone I know.

You dont have to live in Ohio to find racism friend its all around us.
I think there could be any no. of reasons for it. ignorance being on top of the list.
Could be a "family thing" they grew up in it & took it on as a trait. Maybe a couple of bad experiences here & there.

Thing is we all have 2 arms 2 legs you know all the regular stuff lol.
But in my experience were just not that different.

Culturally there might be some variances but hey thats what makes the world interesting right ?

Peace !

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Dude you wanna see a great yet hardcore movie on racism... watch American History X

yea of course, thats a great movie its when I became an Edward Norton fan
that gets 5 popcorn kernels too

concepts said:
Could be a "family thing" they grew up in it & took it on as a trait.
Yeah, I think that's where alot of my friends got it from. I grew up in a family like that and that's what turned me off racism. It helped me realize how ridiculous it is.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
I like the quote

"I'm not racist, I just notice trends in society."

People need to stop being so sensitive...THAT will end racism.

Example:
There are several black people who are impoverished. The government gives so much money to them and they don't say a word cuz it's a free handout, but then they have the audacity to complain that "all cops are racist mother fuckers!" Did they ever stop to think, "Hey, maybe stealing would get ANYONE in trouble regardless of their skin color! What an epiphony!!" No...they just continue to blame the "white man" for everything. Don't get me started about affirmitive action, either. If anything, that's the only form of structured profiling and racism left today. Racism doesn't CURE racism. And that's just what the government is portraying..."reverse racism".

If someone says something about your race, just smile or laugh...there's no point in getting mad. Chances are they're making an observation that's just commonplace for your "people". It doesn't mean they're racism, per-say.