WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Creation Of Man

Spikey

Supreme Leader
Ive heard some wacked up things about the creation of man, God, The Big Bang, lots of others, also just out of curiousoty, what are the wonders of the world (im sure thts one of them):confused: :confused: :confused:

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
The Big Bang is a theory to how the universe was created, not life.

R

RedOctober

Well.. The creation of man...

Interesting question...

Well.. You know... There's the birds, and the bees..
And they fly from flower to flower, to gather honey..

And your father must have been busy in that way,
when he stumbled into your mother..

Something like that.. :flamed:

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
RedOctober said:
Well.. The creation of man...

Interesting question...

Well.. You know... There's the birds, and the bees..
And they fly from flower to flower, to gather honey..

And your father must have been busy in that way,
when he stumbled into your mother..

Something like that.. :flamed:
No, no, you've got it all wrong. There was this cabbage patch...

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
I thought it was my dad and mom loved eachother very much so the stork brought me and my bro to break it up...

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Premium
My parents always told me they found me under a rock...

sorry Darklight.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Darklight again.:happysad:

I used to think it impossible that we evolved from apes.

But, after looking at certain people, I find it can be entirely possible.:happysad:

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Humans did not evolve from apes. We had the same ancestors than apes.

seven greatest wonders of the world by time-period:

Ancient:
The Great Pyramid of Giza
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
The Colossus of Rhodes
The Pharos of Alexandria

Medieval:
Stonehenge
The Colosseum
The Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
The Great Wall of China
The Porcelain Tower of Nanjing
The Hagia Sophia
The Leaning Tower of Pisa

modern world:
The Empire State Building
The Itaipú Dam
The CN Tower
The Panama Canal
The Channel Tunnel
The North Sea Protection Works
The Golden Gate Bridge

forgotten wonders from medieval:
Abu Simbel Temple
Angkor Wat
Taj Mahal
Mont Saint-Michel
The Moai Statues
The Parthenon
The Shwedagon Pagoda

--huoh.
for every thread what it deserves. This had this stupid-ass listing
coming a mile-away

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
Maybe we should stop worrying about how the fuck we got here and start worrying about why the fuck we are here! If we let such simplistic (and superstitous) teachings govern our every move we will not learn anything.

I believe our purpose is knowledge of what is. Not of what was. While it is true that history repeats its self and we learn from the past I think of it this way,(especially when it comes to our origin), if its happend before it will happen again THEN we can understand it. Until then concern yourself with the here and now. Explore the mystery of life that is you and your loved ones. Not with all these unproven theories.

R

RedOctober

We're here, because we're here.

That's about it.
A totally insane chaos, we call the universe, and it doesn't have any purpose or meaning. We are travelling through time and space on a giant spaceball called Earth, and the only thing we know is we're all alone in the dark.
If there is any extra terrestial life, it's so far away it's nonsense to even think about ever having contact with them.

To realize that, is the higher form of knowledge, and that is bad for the motivation of mankind to work as a slave. Therefore man invented God to make humans work as slaves for the rich man's profit, and if needed bash each others heads. It has no sense at all.

We're all alone... :(

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Red my friend, you are absolutely right.

Man has hidden behind all these myths about higher meanings, goals and Gods just to hide his own weakness. It is much easier to hide behind all the great beliefs of some romantic meaning, than just understanding the obvious.
We are here by chance. A long line of coinsidenses has made of what we now kow the world. There is no great "father" or "mother" who has decided to create, first a piece of rock, then decided to infest it with bacteria, divide it, evolve it, and so forth, and eventually end up with this.
We are here for no meaning. "Meaning" is an abstract word created by man, to suite man. It is something man applies when one must justify ones actions.

Meaning of life is not.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Let me continue my post with some more philosophical wording, as I am in such a mood.

These beliefs and myths have been created to make some common sense on ethics, morals and such. Western society has taken it´s moral standards from christianity and made them a part of our society. This assimilation of morals has also happened in various other cultures and societies. There we see that to make up some common laws there has had to be a greater authority, a bigger meaning if you will.

Once these laws and ethics are fundamental parts of our mind and our actions, and only then, man can ask whether these myths and beliefs are true or not? It is highly dangerous if a person would notice the world just "a huge coinsidence" before he would have created such moral standards (society is also a powerful organ, keeping up the ethics, morals and such by law). Then there´d be no responsibilty, and everything could be done.

The Bible is a great book, but people read it too atomically. It is fiction (yes ther might have been a man called jesus and such, but most of it is pure fiction). It is a highly symbolical book. It is covered with all these great philosphical values.
Like the one where Jesus had two breads and four fishes (or smthn like that) an amanged to feed everybody at the party. That is not a story about a magic trick about creating food out of nothing, or multiplying things. It is a story about giving. Basically it says "Even if you have little, give"..

It is a great "skills of life" -book but it´s not to be taken too seriously.

I believe that man came from bacteria. That some being rose to the ground and evolved.
In other words. Darwin

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
RetArt said:
The Bible is a great book, but people read it too atomically. It is fiction (yes ther might have been a man called jesus and such, but most of it is pure fiction). It is a highly symbolical book. It is covered with all these great philosphical values.
Prove that the book is fiction, please. No standalone claim that "it is fiction" will do unless you back it up with facts, man. And don't gimme that "prove it ISN'T fiction" bullcrap, because I'm only telling you to prove it IS fiction so that you actually go do some research on the authenticity and veracity of the New Testament, instead of just cowtowing and going with the mainstream idea of a fictional Bible. Remember, Christians don't believe the Bible is fiction AT ALL, so unless you can prove it is, you've got nothing to stand on.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
OmegaZeto said:
Prove that the book is fiction, please. No standalone claim that "it is fiction" will do unless you back it up with facts, man. And don't gimme that "prove it ISN'T fiction" bullcrap, because I'm only telling you to prove it IS fiction so that you actually go do some research on the authenticity and veracity of the New Testament, instead of just cowtowing and going with the mainstream idea of a fictional Bible. Remember, Christians don't believe the Bible is fiction AT ALL, so unless you can prove it is, you've got nothing to stand on.
The Ancient testament is fiction. One word proof : dinosaur fossils.

The new testament is a tale about some guy whose mother was a virgin and who could walk on water and turn water to wine. ...

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
RageAgainst said:
The Ancient testament is fiction. One word proof : dinosaur fossils.

The new testament is a tale about some guy whose mother was a virgin and who could walk on water and turn water to wine. ...
Dinosaur Fossils prove only that the process of fossilization occurs. Nothing more. We have no concrete proof AT ALL of the age of these fossils. All the dating methods we have are mere guesswork; no matter how much "faith" the scientists have in their guesses.
All you did was say "[it's] fiction", without giving any proof at all. Don't even bother posting if you're not going to seperate your bullshit opinion from facts.

The New Testament is about not "some guy" but THE GUY, allegedly the only human being ever born who is utterly "sin-free" due to the fact that he was fathered by God's Holy Spirit, rather than a human man, which the Bible makes clear is the source of "original sin".
If Jesus was fathered by God Himself, then any questions regarding his ability to bend the fabric of reality at will is no longer an issue.

You fail to defend your "faith" in your beliefs, Rage.
EDIT: No wonder, considering you're the self-proclaimed "Prophet of Stupidity". I'll remember to just ignore your bullcrap from now on, rather than assuming you're here to have a discussion containing any intellect or fact.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Well, omegazeto. When you think with common sense it is obvious that the old testament is fiction. I mean c´mon. Women were created from the ribs of Adam? Humans lived in "paradise" and where then sent off because they ate an apple? Snake made them do it? You must see that these all metaphores. It is trying to say that man and woman are the same creature, equal. Made from the same substance. (or possibly that men are better than woman). Humans were sent away from paradise by not playing by the rules. It says "act right" or "live well" or "stick to the laws". Snake is the evil in us. "the backside of God" is a phrase I like to use.

The new testament is a lot trickier. I like to think that a man named Jesus lived, and that he was a great philosopher. I just think that to get to the laymen (the folk) they needed to spice it up, they needed to add from different cultures. Every bibleist can tell you a lot in the bible is added at a much much later date. And that many is missing. Propaganda causes this, bible had to fit Alexanders plans. It needed to be altered.
I do not believe that he turned water into wine, I do not believe he waked someone from the dead, I dont believe in immaculate conception. I think they were added to "strenghten" the story. Even a kid would tell you that these things can not be real.

I am sorry I did not clarify this before, I thought this was as clear as that Santa Claus is actually a fictive character.

Want more thoughts on bible? open a thread about it, and I´ll rant away, if you wish

Read Bulgakov´s "The master and Margarita". It opens an interesting view.

EDIT: I´ll speak some more at a later date.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
RetArt said:
Well, omegazeto. When you think with common sense it is obvious that the old testament is fiction. I mean c´mon. Women were created from the ribs of Adam? Humans lived in "paradise" and where then sent off because they ate an apple? Snake made them do it? You must see that these all metaphores. It is trying to say that man and woman are the same creature, equal. Made from the same substance. (or possibly that men are better than woman). Humans were sent away from paradise by not playing by the rules. It says "act right" or "live well" or "stick to the laws". Snake is the evil in us. "the backside of God" is a phrase I like to use.
Wrong. One wrong assumption after another, and you think you can say a damned thing about the veracity of THE BIBLE?! Try BEING CORRECT IN THE FIRST PLACE before you comment on the accuracy of any text older than you.
1. Yes, supposedly, God removed a single rib from Adam's body and created woman from it. Not such a big deal, considering he spent the days before that BRINGING AN ENTIRE UNIVERSE INTO EXISTENCE.

2. There was no "apple" that they ate that got them "sent off". There was "tree of the knowledge of good and evil", which Eve and Adam did eat "the fruit of". This caused them to gain the knowledge of good and EVIL, therefore seperating their glorified souls from the immediate presence of God. This caused several changes to the nature of the Universe itself, and so God was forced to remove the pair from Eden and into "the real world".

3. It is NOT metaphor. Those things, in the original language, use specific, literal words where specific, literal meanings were implied, and metaphors where metaphors were implied. If you actually knew a damned thing about the Bible you'd already know that, but you're just another guy ignorant of what he is bashing, trying to look smart without having your facts straight.

The new testament is a lot trickier. I like to think that a man named Jesus lived, and that he was a great philosopher. I just think that to get to the laymen (the folk) they needed to spice it up, they needed to add from different cultures. Every bibleist can tell you a lot in the bible is added at a much much later date. And that many is missing. Propaganda causes this, bible had to fit Alexanders plans. It needed to be altered.
I do not believe that he turned water into wine, I do not believe he waked someone from the dead, I dont believe in immaculate conception. I think they were added to "strenghten" the story. Even a kid would tell you that these things can not be real.
You use "I do not believe" a whole lot. You like to say "I think" a lot. Weren't those kinds of people bashed quite nicely in the WTC Report thread? You're just voicing your opinion of a record you don't know SHIT about, without facts to back you up.

I am sorry I did not clarify this before, I thought this was as clear as that Santa Claus is actually a fictive character.
Again, "[you] thought". Maybe "thinking" isn't the best idea for you?

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Yes. I think. That separates me from you.
Maybe you should try thinking instead of blindly believing every folkslore that crosses your path.

I know my way around the bible. I just THOUGHT that there was no need here going into such detail, as it is seen as common knowledge.

Now, don´t get me wrong, I am not saying it is wrong that you believe. It is even seen as good, as it might give your life a meaning and it might keep you from doing wrong.

But there is evidence that Bible was greatly rewritten at Alexander the Greats era. Christmas for example. It is varified by scientists that Jesus´s birth is placed in december because it suited the needs of the christians spreading their faith. It fits greatly to a previous, heretic day of celebration. That´s how it was spread, and that is why the bible was altered. It was made easier to adapt by adding heretic bits to it.

You may also state that God just put it all there, that is not concrete evidence (agnostically speaking) (as with the dinosaurs again). That God put everything there to test our faith.

In christian art God is viewed as a beardedold man. Also a good example of adjusting christianity with parts of other religions. Zeus ring a bell?

Yes. You seem to have the ultimate phrase to cover it all. "Because he was fathered by God". Yes... well see. You have no proof on existance of God. God is made up to secure ones identity. Therefore I find this whole son_of_god_and_therefore_superman-like - shit rather annoying.

You would probably believe the earth is flat if the bible would state that. Question. THINK. Ask. Post. And after that, you might, if still thinking this myth is true, respond to my post. But if you explain things with some superhuman-philosopher that is fathered by some mythical creature called "God" and born by immaculate conception, and therefore can raise the dead and change water to wine, leave it be.Unless you come up with some other evidence that a 2000 year old folkslore.
continue
THINK

Spikey

Supreme Leader
ok ok, but in all seriousness, what are possible ways we were created its like one thing scientists dont have an excuse fo- err i mean cant explain