WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, is your new home.

Headlines Cult-Like Lure of 'Ana' Attracts Anorexics

Seeker of Truth
AP National

CHICAGO - They call her "Ana." She is a role model to some, a goddess to others — the subject of drawings, prayers and even a creed. She tells them what to eat and mocks them when they don't lose weight. And yet, while she is a very real presence in the lives of many of her followers, she exists only in their minds.

Ana is short for anorexia, and — to the alarm of experts — many who suffer from the potentially fatal eating disorder are part of an underground movement that promotes self-starvation and, in some cases, has an almost cult-like appeal.

Followers include young women and teens who wear red Ana bracelets and offer one another encouraging words of "thinspiration" on Web pages and blogs.
"ANA" Bracelets - now I'm gonna puke....

Half this country won't eat, the other half can't stop...

Hella Constipated
I'm all for cute, petite, skinny chicks, but I don't want to think I'm fucking a greyhound when I see her ribs...

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Well considering the overwhelming media blitz to make you feel like shit if you're not super thin, I'm not surprised.

When food was scarce, and people were poor, everyone was skinny. So a plump person became the sex gods of the middle ages. Look at the art of olden times, fat was SEXY baby.

Now food is much easier to get when poor (in most non-3rd word countries) and much more fattening. So now many people can be plump. Of course, to maintain the status quo of unreachable standards, now you have to be very skinny to be sexy. Because sexy seems to be more dictated by what it's very hard to look like, than anything else.

If they developed a pill that made everyone look "perfect" physically. Skinny, well toned, straight teeth, perfect breasts, the whole package. Think on this.... what would be sexy then?