WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Customizing Gmail (Firefox only)

Jung

???
Premium
I've created a blue and grey theme for Gmail, I'll describe below how to install and use it.

Requirements:
  • URIid extension for Firefox.
  • Knowledge of how to locate and use UserContent.css.
  • My blue theme CSS file.
  • At least a basic knowledge of CSS. (to edit my style sheet if you choose) - This isn't required, but it would help.

Installation:
  1. Install the URIid extension.
  2. Find and rename your UserContent.css file if needed. (It may be named UserContent-example.css by default.)
  3. Copy and paste the contents of my CSS file into your UserContent.css file.
  4. Restart Firefox.

Screenshots:

I didn't screenshot them, but the theme will hide the Gmail footer and Invite div boxes. You can comment either out if you choose though.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
junglizm said:
I've created a blue and grey theme for Gmail, I'll describe below how to install and use it.

Requirements:
  • URIid extension for Firefox.
  • Knowledge of how to locate and use UserContent.css.
  • My blue theme CSS file.
  • At least a basic knowledge of CSS. (to edit my style sheet if you choose) - This isn't required, but it would help.

Installation:
  1. Install the URIid extension.
  2. Find and rename your UserContent.css file if needed. (It may be named UserContent-example.css by default.)
  3. Copy and paste the contents of my CSS file into your UserContent.css file.
  4. Restart Firefox.

Screenshots:

I didn't screenshot them, but the theme will hide the Gmail footer and Invite div boxes. You can comment either out if you choose though.

Not much to do today?

Jung

???
Premium
Magic Hobo said:
I lack Step 2.

I am such a fallible idiot.
Paste this into run: %appdata%/mozilla\firefox\Profiles open your profile folder, then the chrome folder and you should see the UserContent.css file..

TwisT said:
Not much to do today?
Actually I've been working on this for about a week, I just finished it today though. Thanks for an awesome reply though. :thumbsup:

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Excellent!

But the question remains, did you find your soulmate in 7 days? :p

Looks pretty cool. If I ever find the desire to go into gmail using a program other than thunderbird I'll be sure to use this :thumbsup:

I realize that's your spam box, but...wtf? roffle. Some interesting e-mails you get...