WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

"d is not a registered protocol."

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Ok, I made sure I went through the forum, to see if this problem had already been established, and I looked it up on google, but it doesn't really having the problem I'm looking for.

So, I haven't had a problem before now with my DVD/CD rom/CD - rw drive, before now and it's run dvd's perfectly fine. Until yesterday.
I put in a DVD and a message popped up in the top left hand corner saying "d is not a registered protocol." and then when I clicked OK, Firefox with a blank page popped up?
I then to check if it was my drive, plugged in my external DVD/DVD-R drive and then the message came up with "f is not a registered protocol." and the Firefox blank page came up again.
I then went to play it in a normal DVD player to make sure it wasn't the DVD, It played fine.
Now, I can play it without auto run, If I explore the files in My Computer and drag it to my Dvd player program, but that's the only way I can get around it.
It will play cd's fine, But I think it has something to do with Firefox.
But I'm not quite sure.
I'd appreciate any help you can give.