WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Dad's pissing me off

I've never gotten along with my father. I think he hated me from the moment I sprung from my mother's womb, cause I can't remember a time in my life when he wasn't on my ass about something. We just clash, I guess. He's the type of person who thinks he is always right and everyone else is stupid. Everyone in my family puts up with his crap, but I don't. I am the one person who calls him out on his bullshit, and he doesn't like it. He claims he hates to argue, which is true-- he doesn't like to argue. He likes to criticize and berate people and not allow them to defend themselves. I, of course, don't let him have his way, so I am the outcast of the family, the black sheep.

The thing is for a long time he was like that only with me and every once in awhile, my brother. He didn't yell at my mom or pick at her the way he does to me. But lately he's been doing it her, treating her like crap. She hates confrontation, so most of the time she doesn't say anything. She says it's not worth it, and it's true. He's so bullheaded, no matter what you say to him, it falls on deaf ears. He thinks he is right and will not allow anything to change his mind.

Now, it's one thing when he picks a fight with me, but it pisses me off to no end when he does it to her. How do you deal with someone you can't change? Nothing anyone says or does will get through his thick skull. I've tried ignoring him, and telling myself "that's just how he is", but that just pisses me off more. Why should we continue to be miserable and try to adapt cause he's a big baby and can't handle criticism? That's horseshit.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Fuck that, I love blacksheep.
Sounds like your dad needs some regulation.

Go wayne brady on his ass.
Is zoloftcasserole gonna have to choke a bitch?!

bombchu said:

LoL, I gotta move out of his house first! Last time I tried to regulate his old ass I got owned. He smacked me across the face, so I'm not going there again. Ahh, I'm just venting. I don't really expect to do anything about his shitty attitude anyway, besides move the hell out. Then I'll be able to say whatever I want.

Thanks for cheerin me up, though. :D

Disclaimer: My dad does not beat me, or my mother. That slap I talked about happened when I was in high school and was a rare occurrence.

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
I know how you feel, I'm the blacksheep of the family too. You sure we don't have the same dad? I moved out of the house when I was 16 to get away from him. And there isn't anything you can do with someone like that. Just remember that we always seem to be magnetically drawn to people that are like our fathers, so try to steer clear if possible. And don't worry, since I have left and have my own place, when he comes to visit he abides by my rules or he is not welcome to enter my domain. It's a sweet revenge and you can't go to jail for it!!! :)

skwabari_shtcak said:
when he comes to visit he abides by my rules or he is not welcome to enter my domain.
Hehe, good for you!

When I get my own place, I'm putting my foot down. And if/when I have my own kids, there is no way in hell he will ever talk to them the way he did to me when I was little. He's already starting to act like that with my brother's kids, and once again no one says shit to him. It's like watching my childhood all over again. I won't let it happen to my kids that's for damn sure. He better wear a cup if he plans on breaking that rule.

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
When I had kids, I made damn sure he never laid a hand on them or even looked at them in the wrong way. I didn't live under his roof anymore so I didn't have to abide by his rules anymore. So when I used to just ignore him, I began to speak my mind. He didn't like it one bit, but I constantly reminded him that I don't live under your roof and have a mind of my own and plan on using it. If he ever gave you any advice, like to stand up for yourself, just remind him that you are only following his advice. Sometimes that deters them for a while until the next blow out.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Hell yeah>>

Threaten your dad.

Be like, Dad, when you are 75 I'm gonna kick your wrinkly ass.

i punched my dad in the face and he picked me up ( im 6'2" and 250 lbs.) and threw my ass THROUGH a wooden door.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
move, or make the rest of the family stand up for themselves and then you confront him all on the same time..or then you ALL move ;) that could be the smartest?

I hate to fight..so I'm often quiet then get loose and hit a bag really really hard..or a wall..then I get bruices(sp??)..so that isnt so good...the wall thing but it isnt so often nowadays :)

ikes

the one thing that realy ticks me off about my dad are his rules. They are totaly unreasonable and i get grounded for EVERYTHING. from what i eat and ware to how i talk and who i'm friends with. one would think i'd be old enough to know what things are best for me. and when my parents got divorced he maried some bitch with th biggest mood swings in the world. but that's another story. you might say i'm lucky cause i don't get beat up by my dad but from lack of socialization via the constant groundings i get beat up by other kids and when i try to do something he yells at me cause i always do it wrong. i always do everything wrong. anyone else out there like that? ware your parents are mean at you but only to a point ware you seem like a cry baby?

white_fanger said:
anyone else out there like that? ware your parents are mean at you but only to a point ware you seem like a cry baby?
That's exactly how my dad treats me. I stopped shedding tears over it a long time ago when I realized it wasn't my fault; he's just an asshole. He would say all these mean and nasty things to me and make unfair accusations but as soon as I'd try to defend myself he'd cut me off (kinds like Dr. Evil does to Scott in Austin Powers, except my dad's a royal dick about it.) I'd get so pissed off and frustrated I'd start to cry, which would only make it worse cause then he'd accuse me of trying to make him feel sorry for me. No matter what I did, it was wrong. Everything was my fault and he never showed any mercy. To him, people are toys for him to manipulate in order to make him feel better about himself.

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
bombchu said:

hahahahaaa...

elva

asdoirha=s0er9
zoloftcasserole said:
I've never gotten along with my father. I think he hated me from the moment I sprung from my mother's womb, cause I can't remember a time in my life when he wasn't on my ass about something. We just clash, I guess. He's the type of person who thinks he is always right and everyone else is stupid. Everyone in my family puts up with his crap, but I don't. I am the one person who calls him out on his bullshit, and he doesn't like it. He claims he hates to argue, which is true-- he doesn't like to argue. He likes to criticize and berate people and not allow them to defend themselves. I, of course, don't let him have his way, so I am the outcast of the family, the black sheep.

The thing is for a long time he was like that only with me and every once in awhile, my brother. He didn't yell at my mom or pick at her the way he does to me. But lately he's been doing it her, treating her like crap. She hates confrontation, so most of the time she doesn't say anything. She says it's not worth it, and it's true. He's so bullheaded, no matter what you say to him, it falls on deaf ears. He thinks he is right and will not allow anything to change his mind.

Now, it's one thing when he picks a fight with me, but it pisses me off to no end when he does it to her. How do you deal with someone you can't change? Nothing anyone says or does will get through his thick skull. I've tried ignoring him, and telling myself "that's just how he is", but that just pisses me off more. Why should we continue to be miserable and try to adapt cause he's a big baby and can't handle criticism? That's horseshit.
We have to have the same family.. Mine's just like that.