WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Dark Angel

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Above the realm of man,
somewhere between Heaven
and what others consider Hell,
she rises through the darkness,
to kiss the tears of the sky.

Swiftly she travels in the silence,
with only her ravens’ wings
to accompany her journey,
and sooth her emptiness,
her fallen spirit glides.

Darkness breathes in her soul,
where once love did the same,
seeking through time, even now,
for vengeance to never be sated,
a promise forever unfulfilled.

The moon calls her to come home,
and the sun cries for her daughter,
but still she goes farther,
the Fallen, the Dark, the Angel,
seeking that which can not be.

Jung

???
Premium
i thought this thread was about

i didn't notice it was in the writing section. nice work though:)

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
it is not about the tv show. it is about this portait at http://www.enchanted-art.com/darkangel_large.html
because they are having a contest and i liked the pic and i wanted to win it. so, no emotional value here, all monetary.

ps vampire chick, does it sound like it is about a vampire? nooope read the words.

thanks Junglism

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
good poem.......... up your rep now

Pachyderm

I really did.
dustinzgirl said:
Above the realm of man,
somewhere between Heaven
and what others consider Hell,
she rises through the darkness,
to kiss the tears of the sky.

Swiftly she travels in the silence,
with only her ravens’ wings
to accompany her journey,
and sooth her emptiness,
her fallen spirit glides.

Darkness breathes in her soul,
where once love did the same,
seeking through time, even now,
for vengeance to never be sated,
a promise forever unfulfilled.

The moon calls her to come home,
and the sun cries for her daughter,
but still she goes farther,
the Fallen, the Dark, the Angel,
seeking that which can not be.
The first stanza of this poem reminds me of The Lovely Bones. After Suzie Salmon dies, a picture she drew is still up on the refridgerator and there is a space between the earth and the heavens called the in between, oddly enough. She explains that that is the place that all the dead wait, in transition from earth to heaven. This might have been the best peom I have read in this forum I really like the imagry in it. I like how you choose the raven, the bird of death, so fittingly to represent her fall.
I'm not one to really interpret poems because I believe the writer is the God of the poem and is the only real person who can interpret the poem. But if I had to say what this was, I would say that it's expressing the difference and the distance between those that cannot be reached.
It's very dark, but I am glad you used propar grammar and structure. I am also happy that this is more of an interpretive feeling of a poem rather than something so blunt as to say "I loved her and she left."
I don't really have any bad critiques about it rather than it IS so cryptic, that it might not be interpreted how you want it to be. But it's really good.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
This has always been on of my fav poems from you. I love the feeling that it gives and the darkness of it all.... the painting is very inspiring to write off of.