WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Darth Tater.

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
Awwwww! How cute! Ima have to get my lil girl that one now...she has all the others...lol

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
that rocks! I want one! 2 even, so they can mate and have darth spuds!

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Some people debate this...

This is from Linsner.com Message board, and this quote is from Joe Linsner. I guess i can see his point with star wars being so childish anymore or maybe not?

DARTH SPUD!

I think that this is part of the problem with the whole Star Wars thing.

Is it a kids movie, or is it a PG action adventure movie?

In the last flick, the hero slaughtered a whole band of sand people, and then eventually got his hand chopped off. I bet the 5 year olds loved it! Good family fun.

I believe that Lucas is trying to have his cake and eat it too. Those strong elements were in the story, but they mostly happen off-screen. When i saw Episode 2, i didn't even notice that Aniken had lost his hand until the end scene where he has the robotic hand. I was like -- "huh? When did that happen?" I blinked during the one milisecond of screen time where his hand was cut off.

That being said, I do think that Darth Spud looks pretty darn cute.

Maybe I should look into having a Dawn potato made...?

--or not.

JML
Wondering what your guys thoughts are?

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
Wondering what your guys thoughts are?
Some people will always find something to bitch and debate about. Imo, it just shows their lack of substance. There are so many REAL and controversial things going on right now, yet they're yapping away about toys.

"Bored soccer mom society unite"

:rolleyes:

Also, try googling for the whole "anti Spongebob" thing, because he's supposedly gay. :rolleyes:

Most Americans really are dumb.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
Some people will always find something to bitch and debate about. Imo, it just shows their lack of substance. There are so many REAL and controversial things going on right now, yet they're yapping away about toys.

"Bored soccer mom society unite"

:rolleyes:

Also, try googling for the whole "anti Spongebob" thing, because he's supposedly gay. :rolleyes:

Most Americans really are dumb.
and anit-Russia now too now too..

Just to let you know, Joe does debate a lot of diffrent things and is truly a smart man. He is in the comic book industry and makes the comic Dawn.

SoOoo, this is kind of in his line of work.

I was more wondering if people agreed with him or not. Or if they thought star wars has lost it footing?

Jung

???
Premium
Star Wars is a great saga, I've always been a fan. I do agree that the newer movies are kind of retarded, but I'm not going to whine over it being a PG action movie vs. a kids movie. It's just Star Wars; take it or leave it. Seriously, who cares that much? I will still pay to see any Star Wars movie released. I don't think it's "lost it's hold" so to speak, more than trying to both tell the original story, while meeting the new fan's expectations. I mean a movie created today with out pretty CG effects would be a total loss. At least in most people's opinion. Maybe in that way the new ones are a little different from the original movies, but what do you expect.

I think it was brilliant to release the movies in the order that Lucas did. He ensured his prequels to be hits, even if they're largely seen as "not as good" as the first. Most people lose interest after the second sequel, but finding out the back story is a lot more interesting.

I didn't misunderstand anything in the last movie either, I'm not sure what he's talking about.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
Star Wars is a great saga, I've always been a fan. I do agree that the newer movies are kind of retarded, but I'm not going to whine over it being a PG action movie vs. a kids movie. It's just Star Wars; take it or leave it. Seriously, who cares that much? I will still pay to see any Star Wars movie released. I don't think it's "lost it's hold" so to speak, more than trying to both tell the original story, while meeting the new fan's expectations. I mean a movie created today with out pretty CG effects would be a total loss. At least in most people's opinion. Maybe in that way the new ones are a little different from the original movies, but what do you expect.

I think it was brilliant to release the movies in the order that Lucas did. He ensured his prequels to be hits, even if they're largely seen as "not as good" as the first. Most people lose interest after the second sequel, but finding out the back story is a lot more interesting.

I didn't misunderstand anything in the last movie either, I'm not sure what he's talking about.
I didn't either, was just curious. I am a huge star wars fan and think its cool to see kids embracing the magic of it. I would love to see kids start embracing comics again as well.