WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Day of Defeat: Source is awesome

Descent

Hella Constipated
I've been playing this for a little bit now - I'm falling in love with it by the second.

It improves on the first drastically...

As a present to you guys, I've uploaded the title screen music:

http://www.cashmoneyuploads.com/view/97795/

The musical score is excellent. I used GCFScape 1.15 to extract it.

Descent

Hella Constipated

Here's an in game screenshot for ya.

Check the kill list - I'm Your Own Asshole ;).

Descent

Hella Constipated
junglizm said:
High resolution, newb. :p
Fuck you, stop gloating, you're making me jealous :(. My 9700 Pro only runs it acceptably at 800x600, overclocked at that.

By Christmas I'll have pieced together a newer, more capable machine, X800 CrossFire ready with an overclocked 3000+ AMD64, a DFI mobo, 1GB of RAM and by April or so It will have CrossFire installed and bitchin'.

gummi_

Tenderony
I played DoD from 3.1b ... up until the current Steam version.

Varied with my actual playtime... I'd go through phases of either absolute omgbbqhax pwnage, or just alright...

However, with the advent of DoD:S... I'm out of the running! My craptastic calculator of a PC has no chance of running it. :(

Might go to a mate's and have a play with S, but yeah... sucks that I can't run it myself.

Sorry for ranting a bit off topic :D

Have much fun playing...

Descent

Hella Constipated
gummi_: Do what I did.

Right click on Day of Defeat: Source, then click launch options.

From here, copy and paste the following line:

-dxlevel 70

This disables almost all lighting, but the game still looks okay with 6x AA/8x AF on my 9700 Pro.

gummi_

Tenderony
I'm running a P3 550Mhz.

I doubt it will run, even with what you suggested... was hard enough to get DoD to run at a playable level. :)

It's alright, I hardly game at all now anyways.

ThyMightyLoin

Raging Asshole
Im really glad that it all went together well (DoD S that is) I was worried at first that steam was going to fuck up one of the few things going for it. Maybe this will give Steam the respect that it needs to make it acceptable to the masses?

Descent

Hella Constipated
ThyMightyLoin said:
Im really glad that it all went together well (DoD S that is) I was worried at first that steam was going to fuck up one of the few things going for it. Maybe this will give Steam the respect that it needs to make it acceptable to the masses?
Nope. It's the greatest war-sim I've played online next to BF2. It's more fun than BF2 but it's not the better game IMO.

FYI - I got it running at 1024x768 now, with dynamic lighting:

-dxlevel 80

DirectX 8 seems to run faster than DirectX 9...Hmmm...Kinda odd for an ATi card.