WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Dayton's Bobby Martin - a noseguard with no legs

Jung

???
Premium
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...5/09/27/gallery.martin/content.1.html?cnn=yes

At 3-feet, 112 pounds, Martin is a backup varsity noseguard and plays on the punt and kickoff coverage teams for Dayton's Colonel White High.

Martin was born without legs but doesn’t wear prosthetics because he has no thighs to which to affix them.
A senior at Dayton's Colonel White High, Martin gets around school on a wider-than-normal skateboard and hops up stairs faster than most students can walk them.
"I love the reaction people have when I make a tackle," says Martin, "like it’s impossible for me do it. I prove them wrong."
Martin can bench press 215 pounds and is considering going out for the track team as a shot putter.
As an eighth grader, Martin finished second in the city wrestling tournament.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for him to do this, but I think it's pretty cool that he has the heart to peruse it.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Wow, that's amazing, he has such stamina to do something like this, and didn't let his disability stop him.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
It makes you wont to hit people who got out of sports cause they had a cough.

Fideru

Agitated Pancake
Whoa. Thats pretty sick. Power to him.

I Hate The FCC

Homo est Deus
What an awesome guy, I know I wouldn't be doing that if I was in his position.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
On the site, it said a ref was trying to ban him from playing because he wasn't wearing shin or thigh pads, and he didn't have shoes on?

Why would somebody do something like that?

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
If I were an opposing player, I don't know what I'd do if it were me, carrying the ball, and him trying to tackle me. I would be really confused. Do I... Do I jump over him? Do I just run to the right? Do I collapse?

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Right, 'cause you know they're not gonna fuck him up 'cause of his handicap. If any player tackled him full force like they would others, the takler would get so much shit for it.

That's one badass mo'fo' though. More power to him.