WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Dead Americans

Offalittle

Window Washer
What a shame we are not more willing to take bullets for freedom. Terrorist kill 3000 people and we are throwing our rights away in order to avoid it happening again. I was always told freedom had a price. Many before us have paid a great deal to make sure they, and all future generations, live free. I don’t understand how we can look into the eyes of veterans from past wars and say, your life was worth risking for freedom but mine is not. What a shame. Freedom has a price, and that price should be countless more September 11th and many more dead Americans. Think about that the next time your Representative votes on the Patriot Act II.

R

RedOctober

You should never give up your freedom. The Bush administration uses the 911 disaster as a pretext for the installation of a dictatorship step by step.
In justice there is also the idea of a "guilt by profit".
Is someone entitled to pick a purse with 1000$ on a body, if a man is found dead? I don't think so.
The same way Bush is guilty for using 911. And I strongly feel that there has been done way to little research of what really happened in those hours.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had been organized by some secret American organization, with links to Al Qaeda. Yes, muslims can easily be used to play the role of "The Enemy".
That is what America needed after the end of the cold war.

Take back the flag.
Remember the words of FD Roosevelt.
The only thing you have to fear, is fear itself.
If 3000 Americans die tomorrow, what the heck! Shit happens all the time.
If 30.000 people die in a flood somewhere else on the globe.. Who cares?
A small article on page 9.
Bush has used the situation, or should I say, the men behind his back have.
They who really rule America.

Shitheaps like Kitana are lousy Hun agents, that want to transform America in a fascist dictatorship.

morelos

lexicon incognito
redoctober, you missed his message entirely. however, i must say i agree very much with your second paragraph.

tzedek

Original Member
for every person that died on 9/11 100 people died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

morelos

lexicon incognito
and for every person who died in hiroshima and nagasaki, about four hundred people died in russia.

america needs to grow up and see that her own casualties are not EVERYONE'S casualties until we start seeing it in a world context. if we lose 800 soldiers and kill 30,000 iraqis, 38,000 people still died too young.

fathers, sons, husbands, brothers, wives, daughters, mothers, sisters. . .

tzedek

Original Member
morelos said:
and for every person who died in hiroshima and nagasaki, about four hundred people died in russia.

america needs to grow up and see that her own casualties are not EVERYONE'S casualties until we start seeing it in a world context. if we lose 800 soldiers and kill 30,000 iraqis, 38,000 people still died too young.

fathers, sons, husbands, brothers, wives, daughters, mothers, sisters. . .
In response to your first sentence - True but that wasn't only in one day.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
for every person that died on 9/11 100 people died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki
How many woulda died if the war woulda went to the mainland.. the Japanese were prepared to go down to the last man woman and child.. with rakes and shovels as weapons... Death is never good.. but it is possible that the bomb prevented more deaths... especially American lives... I know I am gonna get flamed for this one...
In response to your first sentence - True but that wasn't only in one day
Death is better if spread out over time.. even if the #s are greater... okay... <sarcasm

tzedek

Original Member
DanGeo23 said:
How many woulda died if the war woulda went to the mainland.. the Japanese were prepared to go down to the last man woman and child.. with rakes and shovels as weapons... Death is never good.. but it is possible that the bomb prevented more deaths... especially American lives... I know I am gonna get flamed for this one... Death is better if spread out over time.. even if the #s are greater... okay... <sarcasm

prove it. lol jk man. I agree with you on the first part so you wont get any flaming from me, besides im not good at flaming. I believe that it prevented more deaths, but i was just trying to put our loss in perspective with another loss that was cuased by us. As for the second part, personally i dont think that death can be better in any context what so ever.

morelos

lexicon incognito
tzedek said:
In response to your first sentence - True but that wasn't only in one day.
ok, that's fine. they still died in the same war, or for the same cause. less powerful weapons, but immeasurably more...

~ dan ~