WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Deadstar Assembly's Cover of Real Life's "Send Me an Angel" kicks ass.

Descent

Hella Constipated
In fact, it's better.

Real Life made this song back in the 80's - and it still kicks ass now.

I never knew that this song was a cover until last week - but damn, now I that I've heard both this is really an improvement.

They kept the original synthesized backbeat, but made it subtly more rapsy and added an axe metal guitar to perform some backbeat elements as well as foreground. The original pitch, tone, and mood of the original vocalist is kept in tact but with a metal aggressive feel. The song is also sped up a tiny bit without sounding any different from the original.

Considering that both songs have everything I look for and love in their respective genres, it's wholeheartedly the best cover copy to date.

Even if you have never heard either song you should check them both out.

UPDATENESS: TEH VIDEO:

http://deadstar.com/downloads/deadstar_smaa_low.wmv

breakology

Kiss my Converse
ONe my favorite 80's songs for sure, it was also on the "Rad" soundtrack. If you hav'nt seen "Rad" you missed one of the greatest cinematic events of the 20th century.

Descent

Hella Constipated
breakology said:
ONe my favorite 80's songs for sure, it was also on the "Rad" soundtrack. If you hav'nt seen "Rad" you missed one of the greatest cinematic events of the 20th century.
Was the kid at his desk when it was playing? Because that's where I heard it.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Descent said:
Was the kid at his desk when it was playing? Because that's where I heard it.
Naw, i think it was the seen at the big dance where they were doing bike tricks in the gym.

EDIT: Alright, I checked out the video ... and what the fuck was up with the entire "Dune World" thing they had going on? And why do all the band members look like lifetime members of the Hot Topic shopping club? The song itself was alright, but wtf is up with the band? Are they suppose to be goth?

Descent

Hella Constipated
breakology said:
Naw, i think it was the seen at the big dance where they were doing bike tricks in the gym.

EDIT: Alright, I checked out the video ... and what the fuck was up with the entire "Dune World" thing they had going on? And why do all the band members look like lifetime members of the Hot Topic shopping club? The song itself was alright, but wtf is up with the band? Are they suppose to be goth?
I consulted with a friend who is bisexual, and goth and gay overlap to a large extent.

It's mainly because goth culture revolves around not making fun of other people and being tolerant, which many gays have to put up with.

In the end, it's another organ in another hole. I couldn't care less. It's natural...Animals do it.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Descent said:
I consulted with a friend who is bisexual, and goth and gay overlap to a large extent.

It's mainly because goth culture revolves around not making fun of other people and being tolerant, which many gays have to put up with.

In the end, it's another organ in another hole. I couldn't care less. It's natural...Animals do it.
I have NO IDEA what you are talking about, LOL ... I mean, they are obviously goth, I was being sarcastic to an extent, they all just look like poster children for Hot Topic. How did being gay enter the converstaion? ... blah ... LOL ...

Dood ... all goth types do is sit around and talk about how shitty the world is, and how lame life is. They are prolly one of those most INtolerent groups I have ever interacted with.

Descent

Hella Constipated
breakology said:
I have NO IDEA what you are talking about, LOL ... I mean, they are obviously goth, I was being sarcastic to an extent, they all just look like poster children for Hot Topic. How did being gay enter the converstaion? ... blah ... LOL ...

Dood ... all goth types do is sit around and talk about how shitty the world is, and how lame life is. They are prolly one of those most INtolerent groups I have ever interacted with.
You seem to be hanging around with the wrong group of goths then.