WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Death comes in threes

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
That old wives tale about death coming in threes seems to hold true. Though there's no logical reason for it. I remember past occurrences, but more recently; someone My GF knows from work died 2 days ago, one 9of the owners of my company lost her father 2 days ago, and our operations manager just left because he had a sudden death in the family.
Again, I’m not really a superstitious person, but it does seem to be the case.
How many of you if any have seen similar results?

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Haha nice research, jeez how'd you get so much rep so fast! You joined after me, not cool! :p

</rant>

Tenderony
Buses allways come in threes, well in London they do. Yeah, I know what your saying but don't want to go into it. It is strange, but I put it down to coincidence.

</rant>

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Perhaps fours

Update. Perhaps fours. One of the other owners' father just died too.

So lets tally, within 3 days:

-One friend of my GF
-One of the owners' father
-Ops manager's family member
-Another of the owners' father.

WTF!?!?!

That sounds like a curse to me.

Did they all visit King Tutankhamun's tomb at the same time, and do something defiling...?

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
HavokChylde said:
That sounds like a curse to me.

Did they all visit King Tutankhamun's tomb at the same time, and do something defiling...?
curse's suck

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
MaxPower said:
How many of you if any have seen similar results?
We all have. First with for_starters, then MrNewbie and ITakeOffence. They are dead to this site.

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
I'm Havent heard of this b4. very strange. But I did hear a local story about a rare coin.

Story goes that a person had a rare coin dated back from the civil war era and each time the coin was switched from person to person the last person to hold it or sell it died.

seemed a little screwey to me but that fucker should be up in Ripleys lmao :D

lynduhland

Prone to Bad Karma
MaxPower said:
Update. Perhaps fours. One of the other owners' father just died too.

So lets tally, within 3 days:

-One friend of my GF
-One of the owners' father
-Ops manager's family member
-Another of the owners' father.

WTF!?!?!
all males dying too :p?

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
lynduhland said:
all males dying too :p?
I never said they were all male. the one that died at my GF's job was a woman. And the ones that were male died due to stress produced by a woman.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
bad things happen in three's period. not just death. But all bad things...
well that is what i have been told but for me it goes something more like 5 or 6 bad things for every one.. :-/

Pachyderm

I really did.
It's funny you mention that because not too long ago (less than a month) our family friend, Barb died of Cancer. Later, a school friend died of diabetes (she didn't know she had it) in her sleep, and more recently my friends got in a car accident this monday and one of them, Fernando died instantly.
These past months suck.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Pachyderm said:
It's funny you mention that because not too long ago (less than a month) our family friend, Barb died of Cancer. Later, a school friend died of diabetes (she didn't know she had it) in her sleep, and more recently my friends got in a car accident this monday and one of them, Fernando died instantly.
These past months suck.
I'm sorry for your loss.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
MaxPower said:
I never said they were all male. the one that died at my GF's job was a woman. And the ones that were male died due to stress produced by a woman.
i can totally relate to that...even tho im not dead....

sorry to hear about your friends pachy....i hope you are doing well in school....take care..

Pachyderm

I really did.
Thanks, guys. What's weird is, I am sad but I am not as sad as I think I should be. It's got me more thinking about death than anything. I don't really believe in an after life right now, and it's a scary thing to think about where people go after death. I can't bare to think of nothingness. Thanks for the support though.
The other day a counciler from my school called my room phone at 9 in the morning telling me that they were there on campus and checking in on me. I have no idea where the call came from, because I am not depressed and I haven't spoken about death or anything really. I asked around the dorms and no one else got the call. Weird. Maybe my mom called and told them to check up on me.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Well it's sunday and here I sit posting. In a few minutes I have to go shower and drive out to fucking new jersey to go to one of the wakes. Suck ass way to spend a sunday.