WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Death metal

Anyone here listen to death metal at all? I'm not talking about people who call slipknot and other such bands death metal, I'm talking about the really heavy stuff like Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel and Etc.

Just wondering because I'm sorta starting to get into it.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
I listen to it very seldomly. After a while it starts to hurt my ears. But on the flip side, i like to listen to it.

I listen to death metal
Bands:
Dimmu Borgir
Death
Cradle of Filth
Inflames
Alot of other shit but I also like rock like Slipknot and Gwar.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
fucking rite, ive been into that shit for about 3 years now.

cannibal corpse and in flames :thumbsup:

i had a chance to win one of cannibal corpses guitars on ebay, but i didn't raise the money in time. :(

Wait In flames is death metal? I never listened to them much but I always thought they were just regular metal. I'm usually wrong about this kind of stuff.

Nemesis

Drummer Pride!!!
C'mon, slipknot not being death metal?? i know theres light songs like denger: keep away, But what about Eyore, or Heretic anthem?

I'm not saying their really death metal, but at least class on the border of heavy metal/death

Nemesis said:
C'mon, slipknot not being death metal?? i know theres light songs like denger: keep away, But what about Eyore, or Heretic anthem?

I'm not saying their really death metal, but at least class on the border of heavy metal/death
Not really, they are heavy, but not heavy in that way that death metal is. I personally do like slipknot, I just don't think they are death metal

Dave666

Pot-Head
I've heard a song form God Dethroned that was pretty good. I'm seeing in flames again this summer.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Gewalttätigkeit said:
I listen to death metal
Bands:
Dimmu Borgir
Death
Cradle of Filth
Inflames
Alot of other shit but I also like rock like Slipknot and Gwar.
Cradle of Filth is black metal. :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
No thanks, I like my lyrics intelligible.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
junglizm said:
No thanks, I like my lyrics intelligible.
right on.

progressive metal is much better, imo. (bands like Tool, APC, Dream Theatre, etc)

I can't STAND Cradle of Filth but Lamb of God isn't too bad. I don't know if you'd consider Shadows Fall death metal, but they're ok too. Slipknot is a mafia, not a band.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
I hate death metal. I hate black metal. :thumbsup:

PatticusRex

Powdered Toast Man
Closest thing I would listen too that's like that would be Children of Bodom. I'd rather stick to bands like the Misfits :thumbsup: