WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Death or Life?

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
(CNN) -- A Florida jury voted 10-2 Thursday to recommend that Joseph P. Smith should be put to death for the rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl.

Prosecutor Debra Riva argued that Smith, 39, should receive the death penalty for the killing of Carlie Brucia, whom he kidnapped from a car wash parking lot February 1, 2004, as the youngster was walking home from a friend's house.

The case drew national attention after a security camera showed Brucia being led away by a man in a blue shirt. Her body was found five days later, just miles from where she was last seen.

More

Is it right for us as human peers to have the power to condemn a man to death?
Is life in prison sufficent?
By doing so is anything made better or are we just bringing ourselves down to the level of monsters like Joseph Smith?

Seeing as I am posing these questions I feel it only right that I answer first.

I believe personally that if anyone decides it's their choice to take someone's life then they have in essence given authority to the rest of the population to make the same choice for them. It does not bring back the deceased but it assures that no one else is killed by the defect in society.

I do not believe life in prison is an answer. Why further torture the population by making them pay for a degenerates crime through taxes?

Feel free to add thoughts about Joseph Smith as well. Personally I can't wait to hear he's dead.

Kill murderers in the same way they killed their victims and see how they like it.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Murder is wrong, no matter the circumstances. I say instead change the life sentence to a life-long punishment...

They are disgusting, horrible people, but if condemning them to death we become the same as them..

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
TheLampIncident said:
Kill murderers in the same way they killed their victims and see how they like it.
because they'll surely know how wrong it was after thier dead....

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
It's a misnomer that the death sentence is cheaper than life in prison. It costs more to execute a prisoner in the US than it does to keep him in prison for 60 years.

The average expense of housing 1 maximum security inmate is between $20,000 and $25,000 anually (as of 5 years ago). Death row inmates cost about the same. However, death row inmates are far more likely to file appeals, motions etc... each of which sucks up even more court money. And because they're on death row their legal motions are actually given due consideration. Then you have the entire media circus of the actual execution, the calls to the governor, etc. On top of that you end up having to pay the executioner.

When it's all said and done, 60 years in prison would be around 1.2 million. Death row inmates aren't executed very often so figure he's sitting there for 10 years. Pluss legal fees, court costs, the executioner etc it can easily top 3 million to put that fucker down.

The next thing to consider is why are we executing him. Execution in a system based on rehabilitation makes no sense. But our penal system is based on retribution, not rehabilitation. We are essentially just taking out our revenge on him by executing him.

However, I do support the death sentence in cases like this. There is no chance for rehabilitation, the crimes were severe, cruel and brutal. So fuck him. I don't want to share my air with him.

vIoLeNcE0969

Sir.vIoLeNcE
i say death by shoving a rifle up his ass and pulling the trigger, see how he likes rape and murder

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
like I said if you kill em.. he aint learned nuttin... I say, remove the nerves in his genetals that allow pleasure then chemically induce permenant horneyness.. so he will live his years yearning with no way to release... :D

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
Paralyze the fucker; break his back. That'll keep him out of trouble.

Darklight said:
because they'll surely know how wrong it was after thier dead....
Who cares if he learned anything if he's dead?

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I'm for the Death Penalty, but against out current legal system. It's too easy for prosecutors to jail the poor innocent, and too easy for defenders of the guilty rich to get them off. The legal system is too fucked up to trust in life and death. Though, if I was imprisoned for life, for a crime I didn't commit, I'd off myself. I have no interest in going to jail, now or ever.

Hater808

The hate still Shapes me
Some people just do not belong in society. Maybe they should have a society of thier own. That way it's not death or tourture. Plus it won't cost as much money. Take the money it cost to house everyone and buy an large island and some supllies and let them all fuck each other up. They might learn humility, seeing first hand how they treat people. Maybe this belongs in fringe thoery but fuck. Until then i am for the death penalty like i said before some don't belong in society.

TheLampIncident said:
Who cares if he learned anything if he's dead?
There is a chance that said person could have a turn around and change his ways...

The death sentence is a punishment given to help appease the population..and those who love the victim. I suppose they figure it's better to have an ultimate senctence which criminals face for heinous crimes than to deal with the personal vengance of those who are effected by the crime.

It's possible if one does not believe in retribution in the afterlife (or lack of an afterlife) that death may seem an easy out for him. But even if people feel this way the guy ended up paying for his crime with his life, and as some miniscle comfort he will no longer be able to terrorize another victim.

I say give them a life in prision..I hear the general population on the inside has a love for those who hurt children.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
As soon as our legal system is perfect, no problem with the death penalty.

It is too much of a risk to make that kind of mistake...

Clayburns0

Smoke em if you got em
How The Fuck??

Are you seriously asking me if this fucking monster deserves to live?? Hmmm..let's ask the parents of this youngster if they want this fuck-stain to live in a prison for the rest of his life where he will be fed 3 square meals a day, not have to pay a single heating bill, no rent, free fitness center....oh yeah and they'll have to pay for him to do this too. Shit seems like a sweet deal to me, rape a little girl, kill her, rape her again, smoke a cigarette, rape her again, get my rocks off and then get put up in the fuckin Ramada...Give me a break...

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
Clayburns0 said:
Are you seriously asking me if this fucking monster deserves to live?? Hmmm..let's ask the parents of this youngster if they want this fuck-stain to live in a prison for the rest of his life where he will be fed 3 square meals a day, not have to pay a single heating bill, no rent, free fitness center....oh yeah and they'll have to pay for him to do this too. Shit seems like a sweet deal to me, rape a little girl, kill her, rape her again, smoke a cigarette, rape her again, get my rocks off and then get put up in the fuckin Ramada...Give me a break...
Nice little rant but no I wasn't asking about just this guy.
I am asking about your views on the entire system so to say.
Please read the entire first post before you assume what I'm asking. Thank you!:thumbsup:

Life Sucks

Banned - What an Asshat!
Clayburns0 said:
I agree with Clayburns but I work at the Ramada so not that part. But any way I say Death would be cheaper but at the same time the idea of putting him in a rundown shit hole jail sounds much better 3 meals yes but alot less fancy shit. then make all inmate do all the jobs that nobody wants to do for free but see then ppl bitch cuz its "slavery" not if the fucker rape a kid and kill there ass if you just had like stole a car the "slavery" thing would be a bit harsh but murder that would be perfect let them see a small glimps of hell before the get there and it get worse.

Clayburns0

Smoke em if you got em
OHHHH my bad...

Alright I guess my opinion on the matter is still a little vague. It is my right as a human being to live without fear of getting knocked out and fucked up the ass everytime I step foot outside of my own house and if someone takes away this universal right then yes it is societies duty to whip its ass of this peice of shit. All of these dumb-fucks in "the above mentioned post" you are speaking of are all the same to me. You don't deserve to live in society when you do sick shit so demented that even Adolf himself would blush. Secondly prison is not sufficient enough as I have already explained. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Especially since its people like us that have to pay for this fuckhead to live out his so called life sentence in a better manner than most of the elderly people in the world. Heck of a retirement plan if you ask me. As for the last question...I suppose if you want to say that you are no better than a baby-rapping cho-mo that is your own personal opinion of yourself, be it not a very high one. Fuck this guy and fuck everyone else who feels for this peice of shit. He and all the rest like him are cancerous tumors who need to be isolated and eliminated. So no I will not rank my self being against one of these bastards...I just have one thing to say to those sick fucks....BANG BANG

lpmuffie

fuck shoes!
all i know is that if some fucker raped my kid, i'd kill him myself. :gun:

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
lpmuffie said:
all i know is that if some fucker raped my kid, i'd kill him myself. :gun:
I think everyone shares your opinion.

R

RedOctober

Catholic bible... "Thou shalt not kill"

Protestant bible... "Thou shalt not kill, unless..."