WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Debate!

Mr.Happy

Go And Die
140
0
0
#1
Ok sence the sudden rash of boring threads i have taken it apon myself to make a debate thread.

This debate is about *drumroll* Do You Think The War In Iraq Is Going To Help America?

I think that the war in iraq is bullshit.. it sounded like bush was gana go in there, kick some terrorist ass, and get outa there. but for some reason they kicked terrorist ass but they are still in there... im not even sure what they are fighting in there

i mean that after sending army after army into a small 3rd world country for like 5 years they must have flushed out all the terrorists, fanatics and the militia...

so what im really trying to say is that im confused by the whole thing..

ok now that i have expressed my views....

DEBATE!
 
4,020
3
36
#2
/me grabs a bag of popcorn and waits for the shitstorm to begin.
 

Mr.Happy

Go And Die
140
0
0
#4
the shitstorm will begin tommarow when everyone is on
 
223
0
0
#5
I thought it was "The Global Struggle Against Tyranny" now, or is that just for the War On Terror? I think you have to define "help" first. If by help you mean make every country hate us and cost billions of dollars that could've otherwise been spent domestically, then yes it will help A LOT. Obviously I don't support the war but I was at least hoping it would lower gas prices and we all know how that's going. Ultimately this war is just helping to foster nationalism and I'll bet that if anyone comes on here in support of it will try calling me unAmerican.
 
3,559
4
0
#6
sideshow_bob said:
I thought it was "The Global Struggle Against Tyranny" now, or is that just for the War On Terror? I think you have to define "help" first. If by help you mean make every country hate us and cost billions of dollars that could've otherwise been spent domestically, then yes it will help A LOT. Obviously I don't support the war but I was at least hoping it would lower gas prices and we all know how that's going. Ultimately this war is just helping to foster nationalism and I'll bet that if anyone comes on here in support of it will try calling me unAmerican.
It's called "The War Against Extremism" now. And luckily I have an image that will make some comparisons, but I'm not sure if it's too big to post here or not so I'll just make it a link. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/IHTFCC/Political images/160837450_l.jpg
 
4,149
2
0
#7
Sideshow_bob, if anyone calls you unAmerican for stating your opinion you can return the favor. They are being truly unAmerican for calling you that after you used your right to free speech. To be American is to support the values this country was founded on, not to blindly support the current administration.
As for the topic of this thread, as non-unique as it is, I would say no, the war in Iraq is not helpful to us. How on Earth is making even our allies hate us helpful to the U.S.?
IHTFCC, how very true that is.
 
3,559
4
0
#8
tiger_86 said:
Sideshow_bob, if anyone calls you unAmerican for stating your opinion you can return the favor. They are being truly unAmerican for calling you that after you used your right to free speech. To be American is to support the values this country was founded on, not to blindly support the current administration.
As for the topic of this thread, as non-unique as it is, I would say no, the war in Iraq is not helpful to us. How on Earth is making even our allies hate us helpful to the U.S.?

My last image, the one I linked everyone to, shows that the Neo-Cons are using the exact same strategy the Nazis used.
 
4,149
2
0
#9
I Hate The FCC said:

My last image, the one I linked everyone to, shows that the Neo-Cons are using the exact same strategy the Nazis used.
I recognized the method. Great minds think alike, even evil ones.
 

Mr.Happy

Go And Die
140
0
0
#10
so are you are saying that bush is kinda like hitler in this situation?
 

jamesp

In Memory...
1,714
1
0
#11
The war in Iraq started out as a little Bush family housecleaning, and turned into a full fledged play on manifest destiny. The war in Iraq is slowly wearing away the fabric of our society. This war was, three or four years ago, an attempt to protect the American way of life, but in actuality all it has done disrupt our everyday lives and raise the prices of our gasoline. The war in Iraq is and always was pointless, even more so now that we are OCCUPYING the freakin' place. If the terrorists wanted to disprupt our everyday lifes and make us live in terror, well through GWB and his administration (i.e. terror warnings) they have quite succeeded.
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,959
8,160
487
#12
Mr.Happy said:
so are you are saying that bush is kinda like hitler in this situation?
Not even that he's "Like Hitler", but it's clear that he's using the same stratagies. I've said that from the beginning.
 
4,149
2
0
#13
MaxPower said:
Not even that he's "Like Hitler", but it's clear that he's using the same stratagies.
Exactly. This is the almost exact same way that Hitler came to power. WWIII here we come.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,998
2,267
487
#16
dustinzgirl said:
Dont We Have An Issues Forum For This?
He posted it in Chit Chat originally (as he said earlier in this thread), but since we get this same thread no less than once a month, and he as extremely vague in his post, I moved it here. I probably should have just closed it, but I was hoping someone would add some humor to it. Kill it if you want.


Mr. Happy: Not all threads go in Chit Chat as you seem to think; read the forum descriptions and post in the correct forums please. Also, Chit Chit doesn't need any more low content threads (such as asking a question or starting a debate without offering your own views), and I'll be closing threads like that as I see them.
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
406
302
#18
To answer the question, NO.

this war will not help America in any way. It only makes things worse for now, and in times to come. It is an Evil war, with Evil men in charge of both sides. There can be no victor, only victims, on both sides.
 

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
7,529
63
142
#19
Yay for another boring thread that lacks any content.

Mr Happy loses at the internet for trying to spice up wtf.com by being bland.
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
191
0
#20
junglizm said:
He posted it in Chit Chat originally (as he said earlier in this thread), but since we get this same thread no less than once a month, and he as extremely vague in his post, I moved it here. I probably should have just closed it, but I was hoping someone would add some humor to it. Kill it if you want.


Mr. Happy: Not all threads go in Chit Chat as you seem to think; read the forum descriptions and post in the correct forums please. Also, Chit Chit doesn't need any more low content threads (such as asking a question or starting a debate without offering your own views), and I'll be closing threads like that as I see them.
Uh.

/me looks around carefully

/me whispers

I don't care all that much....

/me giggles