WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Declining Friendships

Don't read if you don't want to.
------------------------------

Well, all through life, I had a lot of friends. Then high school came along and screwed all that up. Basically, almost everyone I knew from middle school went to other high schools because in NY we have these stupid SSHSATs which seperate everyone. Luckily, some of my closests friends are just as dumb as me, so they go to the same school as I do. I fucking love my friends. We've done everything together. Now, I just don't keep in touch with a few of them anymore. Its gotten to a point where they (two girls I've known since middle) don't even say "Hi". I always envisioned myself as a good person, or at least, not a total jerk-wad. So WTF?

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
MrNiceGuy said:
Don't read if you don't want to.
------------------------------

Well, all through life, I had a lot of friends. Then high school came along and screwed all that up. Basically, almost everyone I knew from middle school went to other high schools because in NY we have these stupid SSHSATs which seperate everyone. Luckily, some of my closests friends are just as dumb as me, so they go to the same school as I do. I fucking love my friends. We've done everything together. Now, I just don't keep in touch with a few of them anymore. Its gotten to a point where they (two girls I've known since middle) don't even say "Hi". I always envisioned myself as a good person, or at least, not a total jerk-wad. So WTF?
Yeah, I had a couple friends like that, apparently they don't talk to you because they think they're better than you. So I just said fuck them. They're not worth my time. You can always have better friends than that.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Friends often grow apart when you mature. When I was in high school, my old best friend and I grew apart because our personalities changed. I became politically motivated and threw my hat into the valodictorian ring (unsucessfully), he became an athlete and a partier. We were still cool with each other, but our conversations became only a few words long.

Try to rebuild the relationship , but if that doesn't work either get mean or ignore them.

Signify

Particinator
shit happens. people grow appart. ive gone to school with the same 80 people for 11 years and have been friends with the majority of them. right now i am close friends with like 4 people. Deal with it, make new friends.

I HAVE made some new friends. Its just I thought we were pretty close. IDK. A simple hello while I'm down the hall would be sufficient. It wasn't even a week ago since we hung out. Is it my fault? I get paranoid and think ppl hate me, so I ignore them, 'cause the last thing I want to do is set someone off... maybe its my fault? Stupid teenager problems. Geeze, thanks for the feedback.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
MrNiceGuy said:
I HAVE made some new friends. Its just I thought we were pretty close. IDK. A simple hello while I'm down the hall would be sufficient. It wasn't even a week ago since we hung out. Is it my fault? I get paranoid and think ppl hate me, so I ignore them, 'cause the last thing I want to do is set someone off... maybe its my fault? Stupid teenager problems. Geeze, thanks for the feedback.
I know how you feel. I came down to Philly for my college orientation, and I didn't know anybody there, because I'm from Maine and all. So I met this one cool girl that I thought would be my best friend. I was like "Oh man this is great! I'll have some girl friends finally!", since I had a lot of guy friends in HS. So during the orientation we had some laughs and we went to this cool dance and we seemed to be having fun. We shared the same sense of humor - she was a really cool girl. I was so happy that I found someone that seemed so cool! But then, when I came to college in the fall, she didn't meet up with me. I saw her from a distance, but she never waved or said hi. Now, I rarely get a "hi" or "hello" in the halls. It's like she never knew me. It's rather sad now that I think about it, but hell...she can go fuck off with her stupid drunk friends...FUCK HER! :mfinger:

Ok I feel better... :D